First question. How do I attach an image of my rack? :-)

Just copy and paste the URL.

Ok cool >Thanks

ModularGrid Rack

So to explain, I've been building this for a couple of years ago after I got sober. I guess I had to spend all that beer money on something :-)

I get lots of different results from up beat sequences to very dark atonal oscillations through to ambient self-generatives. Should I add another effect unit, or maybe some modulation? Let me know your thoughts

I would definitely want more modulation sources. Envelopes, LFOs, random/chaos, etc. Something like Zadar or Batumi would be a good addition to that hole you have in the top row. You could always add external effects to conserve space.
Have fun and good luck.

Yes that's a fair point; This is what I'm finding atm

The main clock as such starts at Marbles but then goes into Bastl Kompass so that's six different sources of randomness..

LFO's can come from Maths and the Buchla TT can go down to LFO rate. I can see how more would be beneficial

I like being able to patch separete modules to each effect but having something external to simple provide an overall reverb might be nice as this is generally what Z5000 is doing

Something I like doing is manually tuning VCO's against eachother to create dissonace so it's good to have a few voices

as an alternative (or in addition) to more modulation I'd seriously consider adding a matrix mixer... combining modulation sources makes them more complex...

attenuators/attenuverters would also be useful!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities