A two-voice track on the Buchla Easel, with stereo delay and a little reverb added externally. The idea was to generate an irregular rhythm via the “arpeggiation rate” input, while maintaining the time signature via a MIDI clock.
Further patch notes in the video.
<span class=" />

Fine work, a piece of season...
So I thought about this other late summer atmosphere (but there, the thunderstorm rumbles in the distance):

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Hi Sweelinck, thanks for commenting. Just imagine what Vivaldi could have done with a Buchla Music Easel!

... to generate an irregular rhythm via the “arpeggiation rate” input, while maintaining the time signature via a MIDI clock....
-- Moogul

Hi Moogul, thanks for sharing, explaining every step on the way. Very instructive to us non-Easel-ers.
When I first read 'irregular rhythm' in your description I thought of loosely coupled motions as in Relabi -
but no, this stays on a tight grid. Not sure how much of an improvisation this is but It does have a strong sense of form.
I like the swaying back in forth between legato and staccato sections, especially. Very nice!
Thanks for sharing.

@Moogul

In this case, the Piazza San Marco would be located in Berkeley and the Buchla 100 would be the name of a violin :)

Yet there is an undeniable link: the Berkeley’s Sather Tower was inspired by the Campanile of San Marco in Venice!

... to generate an irregular rhythm via the “arpeggiation rate” input, while maintaining the time signature via a MIDI clock....
-- Moogul

Hi Moogul, thanks for sharing, explaining every step on the way. Very instructive to us non-Easel-ers.
When I first read 'irregular rhythm' in your description I thought of loosely coupled motions as in Relabi -
but no, this stays on a tight grid. Not sure how much of an improvisation this is but It does have a strong sense of form.
I like the swaying back in forth between legato and staccato sections, especially. Very nice!
Thanks for sharing.

-- wiggler55550

Thanks for watching the video. Yes, "irregular" may not be the right word. I meant irregular in the sense of getting away from the steady pulse you usually get from the sequencer when it's triggered by the pulser or the keyboard. A sequence of "different note values" is probably more accurate. And you're right, not much improvisation here - all mapped out beforehand, right down to placement of the masking tape! I'm going to read that John Berndt essay now - thanks for sharing the link!

@Moogul

In this case, the Piazza San Marco would be located in Berkeley and the Buchla 100 would be the name of a violin :)

Yet there is an undeniable link: the Berkeley’s Sather Tower was inspired by the Campanile of San Marco in Venice!
-- Sweelinck

And both Don and Antonio liked the number four (quattro stagioni, quadrophonic, quad function generator, etc). The plot thickens!

@Moogul

-- Sweelinck

And both Don and Antonio liked the number four (quattro stagioni, quadrophonic, quad function generator, etc). The plot thickens!

-- Moogul

You’re right, and I even fear that Suzanne Ciani was involved somewhere.
Believe me or not, this case is beyond us...