It seems to me, the interest in eurorack seems to fade....
I am trying to sell some modules at wht i believe are lowprices, but it's much harder than it used to be. Other than that it looks like a lot more people are offering a lot more modules for sale....

I wonder if eurorack might be on its way down from maybe too high a peak interest. (Maybe caused by the very cheap stuff dropped onto the market, with names, looks and features that should remind of great stuff of old.

Anyway, I was just wondering...

Recession?

Yep, people's pockets are getting deeper and their arms shorter.

Its definitiely a buyers market out there.

I have a few things I want to sell that i don't use anymore but I know they aren't going to get a good price.
The Roland TB-03 I have and don't use is a prime example, they look to be going for around £200, though in this instance I feel I can blame Behringer for bringing out their fully analogue TD-3 which you can get New for £99 and it probably spounds better than the all digital Roland.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

The pandemic created an artificial boom in music instrument retail, not just eurorack. Was just reading something a few days ago about Fender having something like $100,000,000 in orders cancelled in 2022. People are using their meager expendable income on other leisure activities now.
Definitely a buyer's market for modules now. I still see people listing on Reverb for insane prices though.

Just saw that the Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter is being discontinued. I thought, ok, maybe
an upgrade coming, but who knows, maybe the market is flooded and they are cutting their losses.

Just saw that the Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter is being discontinued. I thought, ok, maybe
an upgrade coming, but who knows, maybe the market is flooded and they are cutting their losses.
-- halbroome

No, I think the processor/CPU thingie that series is built on is being discontinued so they won't be able to make them anymore. I'm sure they have cool new stuff in the pipeline

‘Today, we say goodbye to four of our popular modules: Basimilus Iteritas Alter, Manis Iteritas, Cursus Iteritas, and Ataraxic Iteritas’. (The Noise Engineering Blog - 08/15/2023).

https://noiseengineering.us/blogs/loquelic-literitas-the-blog/goodbye-iteritas

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

All four??? That is heart-breaking. Expect to see Reverb second-hand prices sky-rocket!

Thanks for the insight, Sweelinck. I read in that link "it has been a bleak year for us," so maybe
sales are down anyway.

Market has slowed down but I see new companies driving new types of interesting modules. I bought most of my eurorack a few years back and have no real desire for anything new. I still have a lot to master since getting into the modular world and at a gear saturation point cannot see reason to buy much for a long long time. Love my Make Noise Shared System and several cases of modular. Only thing would be the Erica Synths Techno System and Intellijel Cascadia or maybe new Buchla system but I am good for now. Plus I need to fund home repairs and a new car purchase.

Recession?
-- macio

been a long time since the last one.

Recession?
-- macio

been a long time since the last one.> > Just saw that the Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter is being discontinued. I thought, ok, maybe

-- halbroome

No, I think the processor/CPU thingie that series is built on is being discontinued so they won't be able to make them anymore. I'm sure they have cool new stuff in the pipeline

-- farkas

They need a better CPU, things just break apart and sound thin when they are modulated by too many sources.