I have the following setup sketched out (and the modules ready to go), and I'm wondering what I should do next.

ModularGrid Rack

Unfortunately I cannot fit this on 2 rows, which would have been a lot neater. I am pretty happy with the layout, but appreciate any suggestions on position changes that will improve workflow.

I am also looking for suggestions for additional modules. I'd love to keep it all looking uniform, if at all possible, but realise that that is pretty unlikely. I have a random assortment of other modules lying around, so I'll have no trouble filling up the space, but I want something that both looks and sounds good.

Also, thoughts on powering? I could use 2 microZeus, but would consider trying different power options (I've only used the Zeus in the past).

Grateful for any ideas that you have!!

EDIT: I also have one rack unit free above this setup (not shown)

Looks like a fun rack. I think I would want the sequencer in the lower left so that the knobs are unobstructed, and the output mixer in the bottom right. That way CV signal flow starts in the bottom left, goes up to the slew and VCOs, and then audio travels left to right and down to the phaser/delay and audio mixer. You could always add another VCO module, more envelopes, and some DC-coupled VCAs, but this would be a lot of fun as is if you want to keep it uniform. I don't have any suggestions for power aside from make sure you have some headroom. Good luck!
ModularGrid Rack

Unfortunately I cannot fit this on 2 rows, which would have been a lot neater.

definitely not something I'd worry about

I am pretty happy with the layout, but appreciate any suggestions on position changes that will improve workflow.

I'd move the vcas up to the top row, the mixer down to the bottom row and the middle 3 of the bottom row to the middle row...

I am also looking for suggestions for additional modules. I'd love to keep it all looking uniform, if at all possible, but realise that that is pretty unlikely. I have a random assortment of other modules lying around, so I'll have no trouble filling up the space, but I want something that both looks and sounds good.

I'd want more utilities... matrix mixer, more vcas (probably a quad cascading one like a veils clone or similar, they're for cv as well as audio), at least one clock divider (square wave sub bass from audio: /2 = -1ve, /4 = -2ve) , some logic, mults, at least a dual quantizer, attenuation/attenuversion/offset (happy nerding 3 * mia for example) etc

Possibly a Pams Pro... not just clock but also lots of triggers, gates, modulation... I'd keep the clock divider above (for the reason stated) and the logic (useful outside of Pams) - but a couple of the Pams channels could be used for quantization - and/or quantized stepped random...

An extra filter might be an idea... something that sounds different...

Also, thoughts on powering? I could use 2 microZeus, but would consider trying different power options (I've only used the Zeus in the past).

I like befaco power supplies - especially the excalibus... simple, but tedious DIY, or ready built... much quieter than the uZeus and avoids the rack wart...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

If it is aesthetics that you are after first, just buy another 112 and another 130. You'll end up with 4 functional voices and a solid grey System 100.

over:under

Ok, I've taken a lot of the suggestions on board, and I might pick up another VCO and VCF. My setup would look as follows:

-- photo shows old rack - I cannot get it to update, so just follow the link --

ModularGrid Rack

I do have a MI Veils module that is free at the moment, so that could be a winner.

Alternatively, I have a Waldorf dual VCA that is 20hp, and would fit the spot perfectly. I also have a Waldorf 20hp compressor module that would fit directly below. Thoughts?

I probably won't go that way, but maybe.

I'll start looking into some utility modules when I get a chance

@cj18 great start

I really think that the patch bay would benefit from being in the middle row...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

@cj18 great start

I really think that the patch bay would benefit from being in the middle row...
-- JimHowell1970

I think you're right. That would make more sense.