I'm playing around with an Intellijel palette case (62hp) and wondering if there is any sort of alternative to something like the ES-8 that would allow me to get audio into my DAW? I have the ES-8 but it is too deep to fit into the palette case.

In the end I do have a spare Focusrite audio interface and I can just get the 1U stereo line out and use the Focusrite but was curious if there might be a different option.

JB

I use a RME MADIface USB + Ferrofish Pulse 16 (4x ADAT) + 4x ES-3 for a total of 32 CVs and 16 audio inputs

The ES-8, as well as the ES-9, have a depth of 50mm. There is this solution: 4ms Pod34X or Pod64X (Powered): 55mm of available depth. The advantage is also that you can place it halfway between your modular and your computer.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

For my Palette 62, I got a Befaco AC/DC. It has 4 ins and 4 outs, so 4 to PC and 4 back to modular. I like its size and functionality, but I need to say it's very noisy. I found this out the hard way and found discussions about it on the forums as well. I contacted Befaco about it but no reply yet. But if you can live with that (which I can, because the Befaco is in it only when I'm out of the house on holiday and taking only the Palette case), the Befaco is a nifty small module that's not too deep for the Palette cases.

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

-- Arrandan thank you! this is exactly what i was looking for! How long ago did you contact Befaco about the noiseness? Think they will 'address' it?

JB

FYI: https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Rebel-Technology-AC-DC/4UDA

-- Traxam
Is this an AC-DC build by you?

JB

No. Just came across it while browsing today & thought of your post.
Have no knowledge of it to be honest

that rebel technology module looks very similar to the befaco and as they sit next to each other and collaborate I suspect it's the same module... but I might be wrong

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi, not to steal your thread but I've been looking into using an outboard mixer in the future to have functionality to record individual outputs directly into Ableton...

From looking around thinking along the lines of:
Presonus StudioLive AR12 or 16c, Signature 12 MTK, Tascam Model 12 Analog Mixer with Digital Recorder...

Anyone have any experience of doing this AND/OR recommendations of product above or other?

Hi, not to steal your thread but I've been looking into using an outboard mixer in the future to have functionality to record individual outputs directly into Ableton...

From looking around thinking along the lines of:
Presonus StudioLive AR12 or 16c, Signature 12 MTK, Tascam Model 12 Analog Mixer with Digital Recorder...

Anyone have any experience of doing this AND/OR recommendations of product above or other?

-- Traxam

no, but - make sure whatever you do get has proper multitracking and attenuators (possibly called pads) on the way in...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Any of the 4MS pods suffixed with "X" are deeper..