Thank you! to be honest, its mostly the pad sound that comes from Arbhar. Odessa plays the melody. i recorded piano notes into a tape dictaphon and then recorded that sound into Arbhar if i recall correctly. Original source, the new version 2.0 sounds a lot better i think. I even bought the USB expander for it now 

The new version of Arbhar used.
tape recorded piano source sound.
https://on.soundcloud.com/sMqBVMKCaZdMsbYe9

This is great! Sounds great and the video compliments it perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
-- TumeniKnobs

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. Made me happy! 😊

Ensamble oscillator into Tallin for distorsion and Stereo Dipole for filter animation.
The AB out from Dipole goes to Tapo with a delay preset active.
And the two separete "Pole" outputs goes into Rainmaker.
Rainmaker goes into Aurora.
Everything is summed using Jumble Henge.

The resonant tone mainly comes from filters with high Q inside Rainmaker. The tone control is sequenced by Voltage block that also sequence ensamble osc.

Thank you for listening! :-)

Really nice work there :)
-- wishbonebrewery

Thank you so much! :-) Glad you like it! I appreciate your feedback.

Hi Wedoh,

Oh yes, you managed it, finally someone that managed to get me hyper spaced again. Wow, what a nice track! 6 minutes is the only negative thing I can find about this great track, this should have been 30 or 60 minutes! :-)

The last time I was hyper spaced here was by Troux on the 25th of January this earth year 2021, it took me a while to come back to earth, but having been far too long on earth, I have to thank you, Wedoh, on my bare knees, finally back into hyperspace ;-) Just arrived on planet Ioptraly 7Y5 (translated by Zopple), weird planet though, but hey, that's all part of this hyper space travelling, isn't it?

Ah come on, again your track just finished, going to press for the third time the play button, let's see if it can take me a bit further than Ioptraly 7Y5... in case you don't hear from me any more for a while... well that's because Wedoh's music took me too far away from planet Earth, no more Internet connection I am afraid...

Thank you very much Wedoh, hope to see you soon in hyperspace too ;-) Kind regards, Garfield.

P.S.: Don't forget to bring your hand towel!
-- GarfieldModular

Dear Garfield,

I don't know how to express my gratitude for your awesome appreciation. It makes me very happy to read your post, and it really makes me want to continue exploring. Thank you so so much!
Also i love the Hitchers guide to the galaxy references! :-)

Spacecraft really helped creating the spacey feeling. If you like tracks that are space inspired, you might like this track too:

In that track i use Clouds with maximum reverb and the NW-1 spectrum envelope to really space out slowly.

Hi,

I wanted to experiment using the "Spaceship" app on my iPad and record it into Morphagene.

Patch notes
First i used ODIO to send a SWN melody into the Spaceship granular app. Then i made a pad sound with Spaceship, using that recording, and sent it back into ODIO and recorded that signal using Morphagene.
I made two voices:
Voice 1: Morphagene -> Rainmaker
Voice 2: Tides 2 -> Planar 2 -> Belgrad -> VCA -> Tapographic delay.
A motion pattern loop was recorded using Planar 2, and the bipolar X & Y outputs was sent to Morphagene's "Gene size" and "Slide" CV inputs.
Zadar modulated Belgrad FM & v/oct, and the VCA used for voice 2.
I believe Voltage block generated a unquantized melody sent to the v/oct input of Tides. I tuned tides so it sounded intune with the recording of morphagene, played back at a faster speed. I had no idea what scale or tones i generated using Spaceship, so all tuning had to be done by ear.
A lot of resonans was used in both the rainmaker patch, Tapographic delay and Belgrad.
Master outputs sent to the inputs of Waldorf Quantum, and used it as an external effect rack. Think i added some reverb before i sent the master signal into Ableton for sampling.

Mastered in Ableton using THD distorsion, MS EQ, Compressor and limiter.

Really enjoyed this piece, thanks! Nature footage and the out of focus shots were nice touches
-- Molerat99

It makes me very happy that you enjoyed the track! 🙏🏻 Thank you for the feedback!

Some great LFOs that I really like so far:

Batumi with Poti expander for quad channel modulation
Abstract Data ADE 32 Octocontroller can modulate up to 8 outputs!
IME Kermit MK2 has quad channel LFO, S&H, random modulation and more plus create and load custom wave forms too
Acid Rain Technologies Maestro- six channel modulation with program shapes and pattern of LFO and super fun to use

-- sacguy71

Thanks! That Octocontroller looks interesting too!

The Erica Black Octasource is on my shortlist for next purchase. Give it a look.
-- farkas

I like the suggestion! I actually forgot it, so now it’s back on the list. Thank you.

Hi,

You can never have too many LFO´s right? :-)

The thing is, i do have a lot of modulation already, but i do miss having dedicated LFO´s.
I like the idea of Just friends, Tides 2 and Ochd, to control several LFO´s together to create movement, like waves or undulations.
My thought was that SWN would solve that problem, and it kind of does, but not. And both Zadar and Pams can do it sort of.

Either i get Quadrax, Batumi, Just Friends, Ochd or Tides 2.

What would you get if you made this kind of ambient music to create movement? It is the 2014 Tides that is supposed to leave my rack after a long duty period.

Thank you for your help!

This is my rack:
ModularGrid Rack

This is the type of sounds i make

Hi Wedoh,

Oh my gosh, this is nice and relaxed. Can every day be like this please? :-)

Very nicely slowly controlled, beautiful! So what did I hear? Philip Glass resigned and you did take over? ;-) Great stuff this, nice video along with it! Thank you very much for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Wow! Thank you so much Garfield!
Your kind words really encourage me to keep making music. Also i really need to listen to Philip Glass now :-).

I really appreciate your feedback. It meant a lot to me.

Kind regards
Johan

Drift through time through abundance of sounds. Reactive to each other.
Through this piece i explore Morphagene. I recorded a pad sound made using the iOS app Nave.
The main melody is played by SWN sequenced by Voltage Block.

Morphagene goes into Belgrad, i move the cutoff for LH mode (Low pass + High pass mode). Span set to 12 o clock. FM set to full, modulated by an LFO from SWN.

Zadar makes most of the modulation work. Two channels are used for self modulation of warp to create movement and variation.

A good pair of headphones or loudspeakers are recommended. This piece is mastered in Ableton using MS techniques.

Thread: Tension

Hi Wedoh,

Yeah... Xaoc devices, I have a few modules of them, not the Belgrad and Zadar though but will keep them in mind, especially the Belgrad. Once I listened to your music and sent you my previous message, you motivated me with your music to play around with my NW1 and though I managed to get some interesting and nice sounds out of it, not so nice/beautiful as you manage to do that with the NW1. So thanks a lot for your information, I will have another look at it and see what I can manage to get out of the NW1 :-)

I put the NW1's output through the spring reverb (Stingray2) of Intellijel, also quite nice, missing a delay module though, so I need to look into that.

Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thank you very much Garfield!
I do enjoy the NW-1. Do you have anything recorded that i could listen to with the Stingray? Sounds like an awsome combo!
At first i did not get the NW-1 to work for me. But some twiddling made me found a sweet spot.

This is what ill do
- Change the start position for the wavetable to around 12 o clock, or find a sweetspot
- Set scale to middle
- Change keyboard tracking to like 50%
- Dampen some spectrum and brilliance
- And try out the higher number wavetables, like wavetable "22".

Change prime settings like that and you will notice it starts drifting without any pitch CV or modulation inputs. From there you can do allkind of crazy stuff with modulation. You can play the NW-1 through pitch, noise and simple travel/position modulation, without any pitch CV! :-) And when you run out of wavetables, you can always make your own.

The sound is so rich, so sending it into effect processors really make harmonics going. Something reeeeally cool is to send the NW-1 into Mutable instriments "Clouds". And play with the settings. Make it really drone´y.
Here this Soundcloud link for an example of that.

Hi Wedoh,

Wow, that's fantastic! I want more of that :-)

How and with what did you patch that NW-1 from Waldorf?

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.
-- GarfieldModular

Hi GarfieldModular!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your nice comment!

I actually made the patch like a long time ago, I just recently decided to make a video for it. So I am afraid I don't remember exactly what I did anymore.. However, I most often patch the NW-1 into Belgrad, using some low pass filter with pretty much res. And in this case I think I patched it into my VCA and controlled that with stages using a 6 stage envelope. And out from the VCA into Tapographic Delay with custom taps and high res and modulation later on in the track.
Belgrad was probably modulated by the output of Stages "stages". And so was probably also the NW-1.

What I like to do with the NW-1 is to find a subtle wavetable and set the key track to 50%, then I attenuate spectrum and brilliance and manipulate them manually during the performance. These days I instead use a Zadar and leet it solely modulate the NW-1.

At least that's my guess because that's what I usually do :-). But generally I don't reson very much, I use som initial logic when I patch guessing what might work, and then I just listen to my intuition and what I like or not.

Hi,

I made a track combining intense sounds made by the Animoog app played through morphagene. Subsequent 37 CV bas and Waldorf NW-1 Lead.

The idea is that the viewer follow the wandering mind of the musician, on an exploration wherever the sounds may go.

VCAs. None in evidence in your build, and you very much need them. Get something like Intellijel's Quad VCA so you have several in a smaller space that can also function in either linear (for CVs) or exponential (for audio dynamics) modes.
-- Lugia

Thanks lad, i was considering that. Then i thought Frames could function as a VCA. But i guess i need a proper quad VCA.

Do i need a clock? Or like random generator?

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_506256.jpg

Hi,

This is my first Euro Rack, i am not new to synths but very much so to modular.
My goal is to make a "space" ambient modular euro rack. :-) In a Intellijel 84HP 7U case. With modules that are great at what they do, and with a lot of multi functionality. Like the type of functionality of "Maths".

I would appreciate all feedback possible. Is there any module that would compliment my setup? Have i missed some crusial function that i need for it to work? Like a clock generator or such?

Thanks in advance!
Johan