Thank you for your thoughts! I have a long way to go. @troux I'm going to play with your suggestions.

@mowse I agree. Let's have some fun and report back.

Hey @troux!

Thanks for this question! My current technical understanding is based on the capabilities of the Buchla 227e (CV quantized movement, swirl, etc.). At the very least I would like to be able to emulate that kind of movement.

Ideally, I would like to allow CV parameters to maintain movement of generative ambient across the room,
while I am sequencing harmonies or processing field recordings in opposite parts of the room (will need to invert signal...still searching for the right module/s). Stylistically, think Ciani // Pamela Z // Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe.

Trying to get as much spatial dynamics to explore ambient as possible AND trying to figure out advanced effect processing for field recordings and live vocals (not really reflected in this rack yet, but thought I'd mention).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi Everyone!

Jeebus, that's a mouthful.

First, thank you all for teaching me so much. I have been reading many of your threads while struggling with VCV and my dying laptop to learn the fundamentals necessary to get into modular.

With COVID, I have to suspend my work in spatialized sound and have chosen to use the time to create a more refined instrument capable of quadrophonic spatialization, so that I may continue developing my understanding of composing with space... Up until now I have only been using DAW-based instruments.

I am hoping you all will give me your thoughts on this modular rack:
ModularGrid Rack

It is meant to allow for organic and real-time weaving of controlled/generative ambient and the textures of speech and/or field recordings.

It's my intent to grow into this rack as I hope to eventually perform live, OR record tracks separately to then spatialize for more advanced spatial sound systems... but this is a ways off.

Thanks for reading this harrowingly genuine post! lol. Please, feel free to share any thoughts/concerns you may have. Really hoping to make something special to play with for many years to come.