Unfortunately I couldn't put as much time in fiddling around as intentioned.

But there's one thing that ist really holding me back at the moment with my
learning progress.

Could someone explain me that whole gate thing?

Here's my current setup

Unfortunately I couldn't put as much time in fiddling around as intentioned.

But there's one thing that ist really holding me back at the moment with my
learning progress.

Could someone explain me that whole gate thing?

Here's my current setup

ModularGrid Rack

I let the Chord drone in the Background wit some slow Waveform Modulation from the Batumi. I use an ASR from Maths going into the VCA.

Now let's say after 1 Minute i want to change the Pitch of the Chord an after a while change it again. I want the previous chord slowly fade out with a long decay before the new Chord starts.

How can I realise that with my setup?

For more unusual stuff check out the DIY Stuff of Look Mum No Computer on Youtube.

He is the Dr. Frankenstein of Modular and much more :-)

Hi there

I'm also a beginner and there's not much advice I can give :-)

But if you want so save 4HP you can get the ALM Tangle Quartet. It's a Quad VCA like the Intellijel but you don't have adjustable response from linear to exponential. I have the Tangle myself and it does its Job :-)

You have a Moog and you plan to get a dixie. Maybe you could consider a Wavetable Oscillator instead of the Dixie?

Don't worry about the placement. Just put the Modules where you think its best and then you will see if you want to swap.

EDIT:

I see you don't have any effects like Delay or Reverb.

Hi there

You will need more space sooner than later :-)

I just finished my first rack about 1 month ago. I see you are interested in the Mantis.

I also have the Mantis and it's already full. So when i want to try a new module i have to get rid of an other module (that's stupid)

Tiptop Audio will release a dual Mantis Bracket later this month. So you can mount another Mantis case on Top.

Thats probably the way i will go in the near future.

What I realizes so far is that I don't really like small Modules. I've got a Monsoon Clouds but i would prefer the Original Clouds.
(Modules like the 2hp Pluck and the Arp are ok)

I also have the Erica Synth Dual FX. But i don't like it that much. I would prefer a nice delay Module like the 4MS DLD and for Reverb something like the Erbe Verb. Both of these Modules are 20HP. I need more Space.

Instead of the Dopefer Attenuator you could go with the SSF Quad-Atten. Same HP but 4 Attenuators or geht 2x 2hp Trims.

Bought my first Modules today.

My dealer had some of them in Stock:

Chords V2
ALM Tangle Quartet
2HP Pluck
Xaoc Batumi
Maths
Morphagene
MI Marbles

Also the Ladik arrived today.

So I still need a small mixer in my Rack to mix the Soundsources together. Would the Bastl ABC be good?

Update on my Rackbuild.

For the last days I was looking for a Option to Sequence in a Small HP Format. And I have to admit Ronin was Right.
The O&C running the Sequins App seems to be the best Option :-) Also the Copier Machine look interesting.

I also was able to sell my Clouds and get a used Monsoon Clouds. I know the µBurst Version is even smaller, but I think 12HP for the Monsoon is nice. It saves me 6HP and I like the Sliders :-)

I also added the Disting MK4 the 2HP Pluck and Erica Dual FX.

What do yo think?

I was also looking into the Chords V2. When I discovered Modular Synths the Chords was (besides the Clouds) the module that I really liked. Maybe replacing the E350 with the Chords V2?

ModularGrid Rack

I got the weird problem that sometimes (like just a few minutes ago) almost all of my modules disappear from the grid and i have to add them again.

Thanks for the input folks.

I will look into the Allen&Heath Mixers.

So here's a shameless Crosspost from the MW Forum :-)

I already told that I ditched the Dual ADSR and added the Zadar. But
the Zadar can't do a normal ADSR. But even if it could tho ADSR I think it would be a waste to use it just for that.

So i only have the Maths for Envelopes. Would it be a good Idea to add something like the Intellijel Quadra? I know it only does AD and AHR or do I need a "standard" ADSR?

Yeah, I know that the sequencers adjusts that pitch in relation to where the oscillator is set. But when I first got into Eurorack
it took some time to figure it out :-)

Still don't like the tiny screen tough.

The Qu-Bit Octone could also be an option for me.

Watched another Video of the Sequins mode (or App or how it is called)

What I still don't get. How do you put in the notes for the next step? Do you really have to select the Notes with
these Numbers? It can't imagine thats the only way.

Does it not trigger the Note from the Next step and you can select the pitch by dialing the knob? (like moving
the slider on the Pittsburgh Sequencer)

When I think of working with such a tiny Display and 2 knobs it really puts me of.

I know, the O&C is nice but it just doesn't appeal to me.

About the secret-key-press Nightmare of the Pittsburgh Sequencer. I watched Review Video again and you are right. The only thing that it does to confirm that you changed a mode is the LED light up for a brief moment. The Modes are printed on the Plate. No LED here to show the mode you are in. It's a shame. It's really a nice small sequencer and has all I need.

Looks like i have to find another solution for sequencing.

In my first Rack Build I had the Varigate4+ in the Setup.

I use a Behringer QX1002USB mixer. It work fine for direct audio.
-- naught101

I've read different opinions over the last few days. Some say its no problem, others say that now every mixer is suited, while some people say that you should not do this. :-)

Thats genius..... The Ladik P-520 is exactly what i was thinking of I would need for my approach. Are the Outputs 6.3mm jacks?

As for a mixer i am looking for one with built in USB Audio Interface. Don't need onboard effects since I would probably
never use them.

It doesn't have to be Behringer :-)

Hi Lugia

I've heard about the hotter signal levels of Eurorack.

So what do I have to look for when considering a external mixer. What Input Levels should it be able to handle? Would the Yamaha MG Series or Behringer QX Series be able to handle Eurorack Signal Input?

If I had enough Space in my Rack I would probably do the mixing in my Rack. But I already have limited HP left.

Made an Alternative Rack with the E350 Morphing Terrarium and the Studio Electronics Quadnic

ModularGrid Rack

Hi Ronin. Thanks for your help.

I did some changes on my rack on Modulargrid over the last two days.
I ditched the Qu-Bit Countour for the Xaoc Zadar. It looks fun and I think it suit very well for Ambient Music Exploration. I added the Intellijel Triplatt, the 2HP Arp and the Pittsburgh Modular Micro Sequence. I got rid of Kinks (don't know, I think I don't really need it). I also ditched the Erica Black Hole DSP2. Instead I added the Xaoc Timisoara (I know it's not available now). And finally I added a Filter. The Intellijel Morgasmatron.

I intend to mix outside of the Rack with a Hardware Mixer (probably Behringer) with USB to connect it to my Laptop to Record my Sessions. No Sequencing or FX Plugins, just recording what comes out of the Eurorack. So i also removed the Outs Module.

So what do you think? Am I on the right way or oo I miss something crucial? Or should i get rid of something?

[url=ModularGrid Rack Rack on Modulargrid[/url]

Hello Ronin. Thanks four your reply.

I also thought about replacing the Contour. The Zadar look very nice, but look like a lot of menu diving and quite complicated for a beginner. Maybe a Intellijel Dual ADSR could do the work?

The Morgasmatron sound very nice, but it takes a lot of HP. Damn....I think I already run out of HP :-)

I don't want to process ext. Audio into the Morphagene, so i don't need the Input. If I would use an external mixer (like the Yamaha MG Series) could i go directly from the VCA to the external mixer?

About controlling my rack. I was looking into the Varigate4+, or maybe a Korg SQ1 as an external solution, or a Beatstep or Keystep? But I would prefer doing it all in the rack. Isn't that the fun of Eurorack? :-)

What do you think about the Varigate? ....or a Pam's new Workout? In my first build of my rack I had the Pam's in it. But over Muffwiggler someone told me that the Pam's does not suit for an Ambient/Drone Rack.

Concerning my question in the upper post about going stereo. Do you think it's worth it?

Do I really need the MI Links if I have the Intellijel Buff Mult?

What would you recommend as attenuverter?

Is there something else I'm missing in my rack which I absolutely need?

Thank you so much for your help!! Greetings from sunny Switzerland :-)

Hi GarfieldModular

Thanks for your input. But I'm a bit confused now. You compare Marbles with the Morphagene. Aren't these completely different Modules in their functionality? If not I must have totally misunderstood what Marbles does.

I know I need a filter. I couldn't decide yet. There are so many options. And maybe a second oscillator like the STO?

Do you have a recommendation for the mixer?

Another question. In the Muffwiggler Forums they told me that I should go Stereo since I have picked many Modules with Stereo functionality. But....is it really worth to go Stereo in Eurorack? Especially as a beginner?

I'm a beginner in Eurorack like you and I'm currently planning my first rack.

So there's not much advice I can give you. But I don't think that you need 2 Morphagene.

Thread: muff wiggler

Ok. Thanks. Was not sure if this was a problem an my side :-)

Thread: muff wiggler

hmm what's up with muff wifggler? It says Site not found.

Ups.

This should work

ModularGrid Rack

I'm from Switzerland and new to Eurorack. Like many others I want to go the Ambient/Drone Road :-)

What are your thoughts about my first picks? I've already bought a used Clouds two weeks ago and got my TipTop Mantis Case today :-)

Is there something i'm missing which I absolutely need (besides the filter)? Or is there something I don't really need in my Rack?

Do i need a Mixer like the Intellijel Mixup? Should I buy a dedicated ADSR instead of the Contour which only does AR?

I really would appreciate your help and advice.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view