you can use the qu-bit chord which will take much less HP

Thread: Giant Steps

Super cool!!

ModularGrid Rack

Hey all,

Here is my planned rack for ambient/post-rock. I already have the Pam's, OC, Chord, Rings, Quadratt and quad VCA but am going to pull the trigger on the rest soon.

I've been using the Ornament and crime for quantization but am not too fond of that workflow... so I thought a Scales would be more "playable" and also open up the OC for its other apps. Also how important is envelope/function generation for this type of music? I was going to do it mainly with the Contour 1. Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,
D

Thanks for your insight toodee! Definitely looking into effects modules, Intellijel has a nice little 1U reverb for example which I'm eyeing. I've heard of the Mimeophon, but have not watched any videos about it, will check it out.

Saw some Morphagene videos and was very impressed by it! Still ruminating on the 4ms STS vs. Morphagene vs. Nebulae v2 battle. But leaning towards the 4ms STS has two channels which would add great flexibility in my view. I've seen a guy use it in a "DJ metaphor" set up, basically with samples of full songs and manipulating live, super interesting (check it out here: ).

Any ideas for sequencing? I really would like to sequence the Chord V2 but the Mother32 sequencer is quite finicky in this context as it outputs -5/5 v. I've been offsetting it with my quadratt but tracking is a bit wonky.

Would love to see your rig and/or some stuff you've done!

Cheers,
D

ModularGrid Rack

Hi all, newbie here. Here's what I have so far, I've had some good fun with it so far but would love some ideas on how to fill out the rest of my case. Leaning more towards an ambient/post-rock-ish rig but a "complete" or versatile rack would be nice.

I am also strongly considering the 4ms STS as sampling recordings, manipulating them and building off of that sounds like great fun. Any advice welcome!

Cheers