It's an exact clone, with the same components, so same draw

I haven't spent much time with Beads, but Kammerl is a fantastic thing if you spend the time to get it down. A lot of people get intimidated with it, as when you first use it, it can be like a bucking bronco that hasn't had lunch yet. But well worth sticking with in the end. Super fun - there might be something out there similar, but that's on me if I don't know it.

oh my...

Sorry , forgot to mention the addition of an FM cv control on the Typhoon variant is really a huge factor for me.

Salut!

As usual, it's in French with uk subtitles :) I've to admit that it's not the more complex/featured drive module but what it does, it does it well!

-- -ADR-

Very nice - Merci!

Agreed on the topic of ergonomics. The original Grids was a lot bigger than it needed to be in my opinion, but these micro clones that aim to be literally as small as possible overshoot the mark.
-- jgoney

uGrids is by far the "u" module that is least impacted by the downsizing (maybe tied with uO_C) , as there was a lot of room on the original. The main thing to consider is if you like the feel of the larger knobs or not.

I would get one with sliders, so Typhoon or Monsoon - much more playable for the minute variations that can send Kammerl into different places so easily

The big advantage as far as firmware with Typhoon is that you can have all the alternate firmware on board at the same time, so you'll have Parasites as well to play with. That's here in case you haven't seen it https://mqtthiqs.github.io/parasites/clouds.html

Typhoon's VCAs come in handy as well for expressive control.

Full disclosure: I'm Calsynth, and sell all of the above, but that's my personal opinion, not a sales pitch. You'll be well served by Michigan if you go that route.