I'm going to dive into the modular synthesis world and I've been planning this module for a couple of months now, but I'm really clueless if it is "complete" or if I'm missing anything important, or maybe, I have something that would be a waste os HP and money. I'm planing to operate this Eurorack and other devices with an Arturia Keystep pro 37, and I also plan to connect some times electric guitars and basses.
Thanks in advance and don't overroast me please...https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2357696.jpg

Hi,
Link to the rack is better than a jpg, so we can navigate through the modules
ModularGrid Rack

Hi,
Oops! it's different from the jpg...well...
For Envelope generator and LFO tasks
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-quadrax-
maybe it is a good option, somewhat expensive but worth it.
If not, obviously, Maths,
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/make-noise-maths--
For VCA's any Veil's clone.
For effects, https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid-black or if you don't want to have to remember the LED combinations, the XL version https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid-xl-black
You would need more utilities, clock divider, attenuverters, logic modules...
Best regards,

Some thoughts:
- Very nice that you've chosen VCA with independent CV and manual level control. This way, you can use the VCA as an attenuator as well.
- You have quite a few modules that are reasonibly big for what they do, aka they have very specific functionality. For example, Erica Synths Ring Mod, Dreadbox Dystopia, Behringer 305 EQ/Mixer/Output. Behringer Brains and Behringer Perfect Pitch 1 are also a bit wide. This is not a problem per se, just an observation.
- 4Ms Shuffling clock multiplier is nice but for a beginner rack I'd recommend this beside an ALM Pamela's New/Pro workout. This module is a bit more versatile since it can also do euclidean rhythms, LFOs and Quantazation. So the SCM is a nice addition for more experimental or polyrhythms.
- You mention that you use the Keystep 37. This has a sync in/output so you can link it to a clock module. I see there is no reset in/out on the Keystep (meaning that when you stop and start a sequence on the Keystep, it won't restart your divided clock for example). When you start with this rack, I think you can manage to go without a reset, but later on you can use a midi to clock or clock to midi module for this (like the expanders for the Pamela's New/Pro Workout modules)
- Note that the Behringer Perfect Pitch PP1 converts Midi NOTE data and not the clock! You don't really need this part I believe as the Keystep 37 has CV/Gate/Mod output as well. You can still get this module for the instrument interface, but just so you know.
- You got four oscillators and three filters (plus your guitar/bass), this is quite a lot for the size of rack that you have. Especially as you have only one sequencer (your Keystep). I'd advice to drop one or two of these oscillators and add more utilities or a more versatile effects unit. Such as a micro Ornament & Crime or a Disting EX.
- If you want more sequences at the same time, consider upgrading your Keystep 37 to the Keystep Pro. This will give you four melodic sequences or three melodic sequences + a drum sequencer, all via CV or Midi. Also has more versatile sequence management.

along with what everyone else has said...

for guitar and bass input - most people want envelope following and gate extraction rather than pitch... as this is usually poor... the disting ex is one of the best at it though apparantly - I've not tried any pitch extraction, especially the b-cpompany module - but I do use envelope followerrs and gate extraction...

I have a very strong feeling that the 921B vco needs a 921A to actually work properly - do your research on this...

I never recommend either b-company or synthrotek on ethical grounds - don't support biggots!

strongly agree with the pam's suggestion - and not convinced a clock multiplier is a great thing - better to have a faster clock and divide - than a slower clock and multiply - especially if you want accurate timing (unless you are always going to use a very steady clock)

I'd go for less voices and more utilities - see my signature for hints - more versatility in patching for less expense...

doepfer and ladik are both solid and inexpensive (especially for utilities) and worth supporting as companies...

not convinced you need 2 dual ADSR modules... I'd lose 1 to make room for something more interetsing...

adefinitely a veils clone and a full size plaits clone over the b-company versions - After Later Audio and others make them and are worth supporting!

I'd also start with a minimum viable synth a single sound source, a single sound modifier, a modulation source (I like maths from Make Noise - another company worth supporting), a way to play and a way to listen plus some utilities - a quad cascading vca (veils) can be used as a mono output (& input for that matter - with disting ex for pitch/envelope following & maybe gate extraction - again a company worth supporting)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities