First time posting.

Got into modular back in February. Next module purchase in July will be the Maths. So I'm currently really enjoying the Bloom, tides, and Dixie2 and making quite a few melodies and soundscapes. I would like to do more modulation and experimenting with automating sounds (especially the tides and filter). So here is my question: what do I fill the last 4 HP with? LFO or VCAs?

Currently looking at an OHCD. But not sure if that would be as useful as a dual VCA in that space.

Thoughts? And thanks.

is it this rack??

ModularGrid Rack

I'd replace the vca with a quadcascading one such as veils, if you can and the filter with something smaller - doepfer perhaps - and add a kinks - and possibly a disting if it will fit

utilities more important you already have 2 modulation sources - tides and maths

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

ModularGrid Rack

Strange, it's not showing everything... I don't have a Dixie 2 plus, plaits, or vca. What's wrong with sharing my module???

iirc - go back to the page and refresh it and then repost the link

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks Jim. I got it to work. So any thoughts on the last 4 HP?

Expanding the case to 6U won't happen until Christmas. What pairs well with what I have? I'm thinking a VCA will be important right about now.

Do you have an output stage? Where's your signal headed?