Hey all

I have about 19 hp left in my main case and about 3 hp left in my nifty case which I am trying to focus on drum duties. I have moved some of the modules out of my main case into the nifty case because every time I come on this site I start thinking about how I could use my modules better so this is my latest mindset. I am thinking the Bernoulli gate would be good for open and closed hi hats and hence why I moved it.

I would be interesting in seeing some different configs and what you would add in the missing space and why please?

Its my birthday next month so may treat myself :)

ModularGrid Rack

ModularGrid Rack

Thanks
Greenfly

I'd probably think about consolidating the vcas - veils replacing both would get you another 6hp in the larger case

Branches is perfect for hi-hats - I patch mine with one of the outs from the top section feeding the bottom section - that way you can add some skips - I often patch the other output from the top section to trigger something else too

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I'd probably think about consolidating the vcas - veils replacing both would get you another 6hp in the larger case

Branches is perfect for hi-hats - I patch mine with one of the outs from the top section feeding the bottom section - that way you can add some skips - I often patch the other output from the top section to trigger something else too
-- JimHowell1970

HI Jim, thanks for this. yes I agree about consolidating the Doepfer vca's and I will get the veils later, perhaps when I get a bigger case. It was too good of an opportunity to pass up on these modules as I got them for £35 each second hard.

I will definitely try the patchy recommended for the hi hats :)

Thanks
Greenfly

definitely can't complain about £35 for a dual vca
I rarely buy anything other than DIY or Doepfer these days! At least in terms off audio modules -

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

yeah :) I love me some bargains, I got the Korgasmatron, Braids and Jupiter Filter super cheap too in Eurorack price terms. I picked these up along with the weedyWhizz case for about £600 along with 3 or 4 other Doepfer modules.

That Jupiter 8 filter is beautiful and I don't think I'd ever remove it from the case. I pretty much always pair it with my plaits

Thanks
Greenfly