Hi,

I am thinking to buy an acidlab m303 to have some fun on acid lines.

I am actually thinking about what could be the best sequencer to pair with it.

I think that one of the most important element of acid lines is the sequencer. I don't think my actual sequencers (e.g. varigate 4+) are the right ones to sequence a '303'.

The below are the ones i am actually thinking of:

1. Seek by Copper Traces: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/copper-traces-seek
  2. Stepper Acid by Transistor Sounds Labs https://www.modulargrid.net/e/transistor-sounds-labs-stepper-acid

They both have accent out.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Matteo

Have you checked the division6 sequencer?

Hi,

No, i was not aware of it.

Looks like no accent out tho.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Thanks,
Ciao,
Matteo

It does have Gate, Accent and Slide, according to the product description.

I read up on the manual a little. For Accent and Slide to be triggered, a voltage between 5-12v is needed. So I think the requirement would be pretty easy. An analog-style sequencer with a gate and at least 3 CV outs would work fine.

My thoughts are the Noise Engineering Mimetic Digitalis should work fine for this need. It has 16x4 CV tracks and a gate out. It will need a clock source.

The Make Noise Rene 1 or mk2 would also work.

https://www.acidlab.de/ProductAssets/M303/M303_manual_english.pdf

Ok- I've had both Seek and Stepper. I also live in Chicago and grew up on ACID House since the age of 8. Always have been seeking Acid and somehow ended up playing live shows with my Euroracks at 41. I use the Stepper and M303 for that sound after trying countless sequencers. The Stepper hands-down is the show killer. Its got "live", "song" and "detach" modes! The Seek is fun but lacks these. Do the Stepper. The slide is adjustable as well.

Robotmanmachine

Hi,

Got two seeks which i am using with m303 and other roland-ish filters.
I am actually having fun but as you said the seek has some limitations.
I would love to buy a stepper but it's sold out everywhere and i was not able to find one.
I mailed a couple of time Transistor to know if they are planning to restock but i got no answers.
Anyone know if they will restock at some stage?
Thanks

Metropolix with the gate expander is worth considering here too.

Hello, the M303 is a very nice mpodule, if you plan to pair it with another VCO you'll need an octave switcher !

Thanks,

Yes, noticed that.

Any suggestions? I was looking at the WMD Volt. Any other?

Thanks

I use Noise Engineering’s Quant Gemi for octave switching. Handy little module.

looks nice but....does it switch only octaves up?

Thanks

That’s usually how I use it. I suppose you could tune to your preferred pitch on the center setting and have one octave up and one octave down for four different voices.

That’s what I usually do is tune to middle and have both octave up and down, because it is normalled you can have 3 octave span. In a single input. I often patch these into a gated switch to further drive melodic sequences.

Ok- I've had both Seek and Stepper. I also live in Chicago and grew up on ACID House since the age of 8. Always have been seeking Acid and somehow ended up playing live shows with my Euroracks at 41. I use the Stepper and M303 for that sound after trying countless sequencers. The Stepper hands-down is the show killer. Its got "live", "song" and "detach" modes! The Seek is fun but lacks these. Do the Stepper. The slide is adjustable as well.
-- robotmanmachine

I now have a Stepper and my very first impression is super positive. it's so easy to use and there are plenty of useful features.
I'll place it next to my 2 seeks, lets see what happens.

thanks

Anyone knows if the stepper acid will be back in stock? TSL does not reply to emails, wondering if they will build it again

Thanks
Ciao