Went in a different direction with this latest (mostly) improv session. Sort of a mid-tempo synth-pop/new wave/mid-period Depeche Mode kind of sound. Too much going on with the patch to explain everything, but mostly the E352 and AJH Minimod oscillators into an Optomix and Patching Panda Punch v3. A little bit of the 4ms DLD, Milky Way, and Clouds. FSS Makrow doing its thing. I finally broke down and picked up a Behringer VC340 vocoder and threw that in towards the end as well (@GarfieldModular I know you were looking for a vocoder a while back. I can confirm that the VC340 is outstanding).
Thanks for your time and have a great weekend. No worries if this isn't your thing. :)

Hi Farkas,

Are you crazy? ;-) This is totally my thing, sounds great, he, he, indeed a bit of Depeche Mode feeling here but that's totally fine, I love this jam. Nicely done! What I admire is that you are able to cover "several areas of music styles" and that capability shines through here. I am glad this time it ain't Techno ;-)

It's also nice you remembered that I mentioned the Behringer VC340, coincidentally I was thinking last night about that one again. After this jam, I am going to put up the priority of the VC340 in my wish list, slowly it's about time. One other thing I like to consider/get before I go for the VC340, which is the drum synthesizer Drum 3P from Clavia Nord. Any chance you got that one and can demo it in one of your jams? ;-)

The usage, near the end of the jam, of the VC340 is very nice, very subtle, great! :-) Gives me a good appetite for this vocoder.

Thank you very much for this great jam, I hope to hear more from your vocoder and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hey, thanks for listening Garfield. Believe it or not, slower styles with a new wave or Boards of Canada feel are what I write more often than anything else. The techno and improv stuff is just quick and fun (for me). I get lazy and don't finish structuring a lot of songs, so these improvisation things force me to put something out in the world while I work on other stuff.
That Nord Drum 3P looks amazing. Unfortunately, no. I don't have one. You'll have to share some of your experiments when you get one. :)
The only issue I can find with the VC340 is that the keys feel kind of cheap, but they still feel better than my old Arp Omni. Just a minor concern. Otherwise, the sound is pretty phenomenal.
Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Yep, More Vocoder please :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Yep, More Vocoder please :)
-- wishbonebrewery

As you wish. :)

Hi Farkas,

He, he, I am hesitating about the Drum 3P, I have zero experience with drums. On the other hand it's tempting... if I am going to get one, I need to get some kind of experience with it first, then, once I can produce some sounds out of it, will demo it here. Let's see how that goes :-)

Regarding the VC340, pity the keys aren't of good quality, once I visit my local dealer again, I hope they have this one for testing purposes available so I can test it before I might want to buy it. Have a good start of the week and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Nice to see some new music from you @farkas. It sounds totally different but I got some Studio - West Coast vibes on this around the middle, fun stuff. That said... I'm looking forward to hearing some of your more refined work too 🧐🧐 don't keep us waiting

I'm looking forward to hearing some of your more refined work too 🧐🧐 don't keep us waiting
-- troux

Don't hold your breath. Haha.
If I can stop being lazy and buying modules, maybe I'll finish something more substantial over the winter. I've been working on structure and songwriting, but I don't know that anything will ever see the light of day. :)