Hello All,

Please find in the below link my first recording from my new studio setup. I was testing some Doepfer modules as well as I was testing the Intellijel Dixie 2+ module. 1 + 1 = Doepfer Meets Dixie ;-)

The Dixie 2+ can be heard in about the first 40 seconds, followed then by some 'stuff' from the Doepfer A-110-1 module with some supporting modules.

Strange this MP3 version on Soundcloud does have a few irritating clicks/ticks that were not there in the master wav file... weird... I have no explanation for that. Even at home the MP3 version seems to be all right... Hmm... also on other performers hearing clicks, perhaps Soundcloud have currently some issues, no idea, let's hope this is just temporarily.

Used external effects here: Delay (Electro-Harmonix Grand Canyon), Reverb (Source Audio Ventris Dual Reverb), Leslie (Neo Instruments Ventilator II) and some mild compression and touch up by SPL (Stereo Vitalizer Mk2-T).

Thank you very much for listening and kind regards, Garfield.

Edit: Improvement on the above text and adding details on the effects.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Ah, that's nice. It sounds like a conversation between oscillators. :)
Are you sequencing from the Sinfonion? Also, that Ventris reverb sounds incredible. I had never heard of that pedal until now.
Thanks for sharing!

Loving that, great sweeping / ping-ponging stereo :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Hi Farkas and Wishbonebrewery,

Thank you both very much :-)

Yeah, I love sweeping oscillator sounds and that here in combination with the mono input and stereo ping/pong output of the Grand Canyon delay from Electro-Harmonix.

Ha, ha, well recognised, the Dixie has been indeed "sequenced" by channel 1 from Sinfonion. I just used an old setting from one of my previous demos and used that for this demo, still being lazy ;-) I am writing here "sequenced" between double-quotes because it's actually not really sequencing... the Sinfonion only supports chord sequencing (that could be seen as channel 4) not the other channels (1 till 3) "normal" voice channels. I am using here a normal voice channel (channel 1). The input is from a slow LFO (E355 from Synthesis Technology, interesting dual LFO by the way) if I remember well, that LFO input uses Sinfonion then to control channel 1 or rather to "decide" which notes to play on channel 1 here just set to C major.

Indeed, the Ventris Dual Reverb has a serious and lovely sound and quality to it. In this demo I use it very strongly however you can use it in a much subtler way than here in this demo and actually it sounds then extremely good. You can check out this YouTube link:

Nick from Sonic Lab uses here the Arturia MiniBrute 2 in combination with Source Audio - Ventris Dual Reverb, here you really can hear the good sound of the Ventris. This video provided me weak knees and caused me to buy the Ventris. I am not regretting it at all! :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

This is lovely @GarfieldModular, looking forward to more!

Thank you Steve!

I have this cranked in my studio right now and this section from about the 2:00 mark sounds fantastic. You know I love lots of delay and reverb (who doesn't?), and the effect is great between my monitors. :-)

Thanks for sharing Garfield, I enjoy the spacey vibe. Nothing beats a good ping pong delay!

Hi TumeniKnobs and Gworn,

Thank you both! Ha, ha, yeah, with this track I just couldn't control myself and used tons of effects. Being subtle is sometimes nice but doing the opposite is nice too! ;-) Kind regards, Garfield.

Nicely done Garfield.

Forget about VCA's, for me you can never have too many Delays or Reverbs!

this user has left ModularGrid

Very cool @GarfieldModular! Would love to see a video live performance of you jamming on your modular setup.

Hi Cmb_ and Sacguy71,

Thank you both!

Cmb_: Ha, ha, that's a good one! :-) So the "you can never have enough effects" is the new slogan then ;-)

Sacguy71: He, he, fair enough (regarding a video), it's just that I am still busy with fine tuning my new studio setup, struggling at the moment with absorbers and diffusers to fine tune the sound in my studio. Since it's in the basement it isn't that easy, the ceiling is, I am afraid, too low and I might need to do something about the ceiling. Another thing bothering me is the bass sound, I set the bass config on the monitors already to the lowest value (the monitors are standing very close to the wall, no choice because there isn't enough space) and I still feel it sounds too heavy or am I being over-sensitive here? Well, I have to admit that those low frequencies sounds (those below, let's say 60 Hz) from the here above Doepfer Meets Dixie jam sounded pretty cool on my monitors (till 35 Hz), better than on my HiFi speakers (till about 50 Hz).

Once I am totally happy with my studio setup (will that ever by the case? ;-) ) and get used to what is exactly where, then I might slowly think about how to position a few cameras to see if it makes sense to start YouTube films but till then, I think this will take a long time if I am going to do videos at all, still not sure about that.

By the way, glad to hear from you again, long time didn't see any posts from you. Having said that, I also didn't see for some time any stuff coming from you, Cmb_ :-)

So I hope, you both will release soon some cool jams, can't wait to listen at them and kind regards, Garfield.