This should show a power requirement. The power in is +16v. The power supplied is +12v, -12v, and +5v. There has to be some power cost there! Also, the two mults are powered, I’m pretty sure, so there is also a power cost there. We need these numbers for an accurate power draw calculation for racks modeled here!

And a power supply has what sort of power supply requirements?

Seriously, that's what the top bar in the Palettes are. The current draw figures on MG are based on the amount of bus amperage each modules DRAWS...and if a module is the power supply, it has ZERO draw as that's what everything else is drawing current FROM.

I think you don’t understand the situation. In these cases the power comes from an external brick that supplies +16 volts. The internal “power supply” is not a power supply. Instead the internal system generates +12v, -12v, and +5v from the 16v input. There is definitely a power cost for this conversion!

Knowing the current draw would be helpful. For example, if you had to replace the brick, if you used current of just the modules in the case you’d be short on power.

In my case, I’m running this case from a battery. I can calculate the battery life from the power used by the modules, but that number isn’t accurate. Battery life will definitely be shorter. If I knew the power consumption of the case I could calculate battery life more closely.

have you tried timing how long it takes to fail a few times? this should give you a decent idea...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I haven’t done any scientific experiments only back of napkin calculations.

I bet if you ask Intellijel they have a number. I’m sure they know the current consumption. Why not add it to this database?

I haven’t done any scientific experiments only back of napkin calculations.

I bet if you ask Intellijel they have a number. I’m sure they know the current consumption. Why not add it to this database?
-- soggybag

as modular grid is 100% user sourced info: I bet if YOU asked initellijel they might tell YOU and then YOU could update the entry...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I just asked on their forum! Waiting on a reply.

I just asked on their forum! Waiting on a reply.
-- soggybag

This could've been solved by explaining that you needed the power supply specs. MG tends to show only the module current draws.

https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=GST40A

That's the spec sheet for the 40-watt brick Intellijel uses.