Hi y'all,
Not been here for a while (slightly intimidated by the tech). I've had this setup for a while now, https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1989572.jpg. I get so far with modulation and effects, then I just hit a wall. It sort of sounds OK, but I always feel like I'm missing something. I've also use Ableton, a Korg Volca Modular and Volca drum, and a Shruthie. I think I need something to bring it all together. I've got an Expert Sleepers ES-6 on the way, so that's covered. 4 years ago I signed up for a Cirklon, so I know that could be the answer. But, just the eurorack as a standalone instrument, is it lacking anything? I like to compose LCD Soundsystem type of music. I realise this is a lot of waffle, but it's the nearest to articulation I can get. Please help? Are there any missing pieces? What would you add?

link to rack, cos jpgs are shit

ModularGrid Rack

it looks like you could do with improving modulation and utilities - possibly the most interesting modules and in lots of ways much more important than sound sources or effects...

see my signature for a rough guide on how to get the most versatility from your rack for the least cash...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

this user has left ModularGrid

link to rack, cos jpgs are shit

ModularGrid Rack

it looks like you could do with improving modulation and utilities - possibly the most interesting modules and in lots of ways much more important than sound sources or effects...

see my signature for a rough guide on how to get the most versatility from your rack for the least cash...

-- JimHowell1970

Thanks,
Can you talk me through ‘seeing your signature’ please :)

Thanks,
Can you talk me through ‘seeing your signature’ please :)

-- clivevass

it's the smaller text in the box at the bottom of the post, directly below this line

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities