With a Shure and some Starlab, Messor Compressor? Potential horror or secret to greatness?

Seriously has anyone used their modular for non-music work? How did it go?

I've certainly used them as processing devices. One installation work I put on back in 2000 used my Digisound 80 to the max...nonrepeating cyclical patterns of VCF sweeps, mixing various modulation CVs to create weird composite waveforms to filter processed shortwave audio.

Thanks of course to the omnipresent Lugia! Also nice idea.

I myself have been hesitant to swap and combine my various microphones through the rack due to concerns about, of course, the phantom power. Could you give me a nutshell about PP and euro compatibility?

Even My SSL2+, which allegedly has two separate instances of PP, gives some confusing visual indicators about whether both channels may be susceptible momentarily. In this case I would probably end up getting a few more dynamic mics and a different interface/mixer for that purpose down the road, but I need some more info on how it works with euro before I wreck stuff!😢😁

there are mic-pre modules that supply phantom power - ES Little Miley and Befaco Instrument Interface 4(?) for example

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities