Hi,

I am thinking to start including Ableton into my setup (which i've never done before to be honest).

Now, i still want to use Pamela New Workout as master clock driving my eurorack sequencers, so i need to find a way to slave ableton to Pamela.

The modules/gears which i have are:

1. PAM
  2. Polyend Poly2 (Midi to cv)
  3. SSL+ (audio/midi card)
  4. Mac running Ableton

Now, i am wondering how can i send PAM's clock to Abeleton. Not sure if the Poly 2 can pass the clock to Ableton using one of the gate and the midi out.

Anyone has experience whit does modules and this setup?

Thanks
Mat

probably the best way to do this is to slave Pam's to Ableton (or any other DAW)

create an audio track in your DAW and paste a kick drum sample on every 16th note... send this to an output on your audio interface - you may need to mess around a bit with volume to get it to work properly

save this as a template - so you can use it for other sessions in the future - tempo should properly match session tempo, it does for me in Logic

patch the audio output to the clock in on Pam's and set up Pams to use 4ppqn (parts per quarter note) and to run/stop on receipt of clock

this will give you much more solid clock than using midi in (audio always has higher priority in computer operating systems than midi)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities