ModularGrid Rack

what would you fill up the rest of this space with?
mults have been largely replaces by stack cables, so we can remove that 4 hp for this discussion.

for reference, I have 4 remaining bus slots,
with plenty of power remaining

for modulation, i've been looking at ochd, triple sloths, Pams (new or pro) or an O_C.

Going to do one more voice, debating between BIA or another plaits clone (given the new firmware)

maybe a clock divider like Fractio solum.

I think you've got enough sound sources - light on utilities though - this is where I'd add - they will vastly increase versatility

logic, attenuators, mixers (sub and matrix), switches, more vcas etc etc etc

I would only add another sound source to this if I was adding more rows

see my signature for some hints

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi,
If you plan to put Pamela I don't think you need any more clock modulator.
I agree with @JimHowell1970, a sequential switch and maybe a matrix mixer and an attenuator/attenuverter could be good options.
BR

How would you define a sequential switch as opposed to a sequencer?
I will often use stages as cv sequencers

How would you define a sequential switch as opposed to a sequencer?
I will often use stages as cv sequencers
-- fretless19
Hi,
A sequential switch is used, for example, to channel the modulation signal from a source to several destinations dynamically by means of a trigger. You can also send a sequenced trigger to different destinations.
It is a basic module, for example
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-151
You can watch this video where they explain it very clearly with a lot of options.

BR

A sequential switch is used, for example, to channel the modulation signal from a source to several destinations dynamically by means of a trigger. You can also send a sequenced trigger to different destinations.
-- ferranadsr

Interesting, that's something I use stages for. I guess I was conflating it with sequencing.

So, would ornament and crime or a pams be more utilitarian? I know that o_C has a lot of different algorithms, and can have two operating at the same time, but I also feel like pams has more direct programming.

-- ferranadsr

Interesting, that's something I use stages for. I guess I was conflating it with sequencing.

So, would ornament and crime or a pams be more utilitarian? I know that o_C has a lot of different algorithms, and can have two operating at the same time, but I also feel like pams has more direct programming.

-- fretless19

stages is a great module, it can be used for both sequential switching and sequencing, amongst other things... the only problem with it is that it can only be used for so much at a time - only 6 stages per module...

sequential switches are also often bi-directional so you can switch a single modulation source between four different destinations and also 4 modulation sources to a single destination... doepfer make an inexpensive and small one a-151

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities