I plan to remove the Modulator, CV Tools, and one of the VCA units from the Black System III I purchased last year around this time to make room for Knobula units and Jewler Cast. My thoughts are that the joystick and sequencer can do LFO and more. I've also still got one VCA to use. In the past year I haven't used the CV tools module much and honestly not sure what functions/options it gives me. I wanted to add Ring Mod/wavefolding options along with some poly action for live performances is the main reason for this change. As a rookie to this modular stuff, what may I regret by omitting the stated modules?

Thanks for help and feed back, loving the mod life!

https://www.ericasynths.lv/media/BSIII-promo-1.jpeg

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2169127.jpg

here;s the link to your public rack (jpgs suck)

ModularGrid Rack

and the erica synths black system 3 - because jpgs suck!!!

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/eurorack-systems/black-system-iii/

I plan to remove the Modulator, CV Tools, and one of the VCA units from the Black System III I purchased last year around this time to make room for Knobula units and Jewler Cast. My thoughts are that the joystick and sequencer can do LFO and more. I've also still got one VCA to use. In the past year I haven't used the CV tools module much and honestly not sure what functions/options it gives me. I wanted to add Ring Mod/wavefolding options along with some poly action for live performances is the main reason for this change. As a rookie to this modular stuff, what may I regret by omitting the stated modules?

well they can definitely provide some modulation, but you're removing more than just modulation... mixing, offset and attenuation (cv tools) are really handy to have in any modular - I'd spend some time patching with them - oh look I can have some subtle modulation and I can move it about!!! & they allow you to fix issues... and well vcas - if you're adding another sound source - then how are you going to shape the sounds of it and have vcas left over for modulation - maybe consider getting rid of both the erica vcas and getting something smaller and with more channels to replace them

personally I would probably just get a second case to add modules into and keep at least the modulator (which I might replace with a matrix mixer and zadar, though) and the cv tools... more to lug around though...

so maybe I'd use a laptop (&/or possibly a dedicated hardware poly synth) for the poly...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for converting and providing feedback! Wasnt sure how to show non jpegs... I've got drums covered by techno system and really wanted to keep it to 2 cases for playing out with. Will be keeping the modules and may swap out in future. Did the conversion earlier this week and really enjoying the sounds I'm getting!

Thanks for converting and providing feedback! Wasnt sure how to show non jpegs...

just copy and paste the urls!

I've got drums covered by techno system and really wanted to keep it to 2 cases for playing out with. Will be keeping the modules and may swap out in future. Did the conversion earlier this week and really enjoying the sounds I'm getting!
-- B1RDSN3ST

good for you and good luck with the playing out...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities