Hi

I'm looking for a new delay. I alreay own a Microcosm. Very nice delay but not that suited for Eurorack integration.
So I have my eyes on a Qu Bit Nautilus or Beads from Mutable Instruments.
I am looking for rather long delays that can get complex but are able to be simple as well.
Or is there a delay I haven't looked at?
Thanks for you input :)

Might be worth looking at the 4ms Dual Looping Delay. It's a classic for a reason.
Have fun and good luck.

I like the Mimeophon, its straight forward.

I didnt get along with Nautilus, I experienced it to be hard to tame and a bit mysterious to handle.
But if you dig deep I guess it can be nice.

Greetings

Chris

Some of my favorites are Rainmaker and Magneto

over:under

Beads has never clicked with me for one reason or another, I'll put +1s behind Magneto, Mimeophon, and throw FX Aid out there as a dark horse contender, tons of options and range even if the others have more depth.

If the TipTop ECHOZ & Z5000 are anything as good as the ZVERB I just got I'd check those out too.
+1 on the Mimeophon though, clocked or unclocked, frozen or Flipped it can get quite creative. My only critism of the Mimeophon is that the Reverb 'Halo' can get a bit Phaser/Flanger-like so best only used subtly.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

If the TipTop ECHOZ & Z5000 are anything as good as the ZVERB I just got I'd check those out too.
+1 on the Mimeophon though, clocked or unclocked, frozen or Flipped it can get quite creative. My only critism of the Mimeophon is that the Reverb 'Halo' can get a bit Phaser/Flanger-like so best only used subtly.
-- wishbonebrewery

I like your "I rather like this patch" patch :)

Cheers :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

I currently have the Magneto and Z5000 and really like them both. I also have the Doepfer A-188-2 BBD which is a nice multi-tap delay but doesn't have in internal LPF to attenuate clock noise (it's also uses quite a bit of real estate). I'm planning on getting a Noise Engineering Electus Versio (for delay and reverb). NE has several firmwares that do delays for the Versio hardware. I figure if I don't like Electus, NE lets you reprogram it with one of the others.

I don't have one .... yet. But I like the thinking behind Joran's Delay1. Pricing is up around the 4MS DLD but not stratospheric like Magneto. Though, in a highly competative market, you usually you get what you pay for.

Hello,

I'd recommend looking at Yester Versio from Noise Engineering. It feels like a good, "basic" starting point from their delay options. And if you want to try something a bit more experimental, you can easily switch the firmware to a different Versio, like Electus that was mentioned above, or Imitor or Melotus.

Intellijel also just announced Sealegs recently. The demos sound great, and I'm thinking I might give up my Magneto for one as Sealegs has a digital tape delay mode, and I've never really gotten along with the Magneto all that well (probably my issues, not the Magneto's).

I would recommend against a Beads for your first delay. I haven't had the time to get super familar with mine, but it's definitely not what I think to go to for most delay-type sounds.

I hope some of that is useful to someone!
Chace

I really like Electus Versio as well. It can go really long and you have a useful knob to go between clean delay and reverb.

Next on my list are Mimeophon and Frequency Central Stasis Leak.

Modular playlist on SoundCloud