dear colective wisdom.

i have this sidecar. been using it for a year now and i'm happy. i'm about to ditch the spring reverb as it picks up hiss. obvious to experienced eurorack enthusiasts. i'm considering a desmodus versio instead which is quite the upgrade but looks fun and it's stereo too for the win.

my question is this: running my moog mother and subh into the modules works just fine. my cyclone tt-303 could do with a pre-amp. ideas for this?

second thing is i think i need something to put my line out through so it comes out less hot. i think. is it an idea to patch my bifaco stmix into another module or ate there stereo mixers that do this in a small package that i should consider instead of the stmix?

you could get something like the audio i/o which will do both in & out...

I've never needed an output module - used to run into a basic yamaha mixer without any problems... what are you running this into?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks JimHowell1970.

So I'm running it into an 8 channel mixer. It's fine I guess. Maybe nombres to waste HP on it. Probably more the 303 going in that's the issue. That would be good as I can then invest a toy (or two) to add to the subharmonicon.

Another question about my rig here.

The power is showing as 460 mA +12V | 161 mA -12 | 0 mA 5V | with the modules I have. I'm powering it with an LC1 from Doepfer which offers +12V/380mA, -12V/380mA, +5V/100m. Is the different in mA a massive issue? Do I need to move to e.g. a uZeus or is that overkill for 60hp.

Hi,
It won't work for you.
At a minimum you would have to have a source that provides 650-700 mA at +12V
You should always ensure that the modules consume at most 80% of the power of the source.
uZeus gives you 1200 mA on +12v but only 500 mA on the negative rail.
When buying, I would opt for something more powerful, and if later you wanted to migrate to a larger case you would already have it.
I recently bought this one and I am happy with it.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/eowave-source-d-energie