I've been enjoying the new James Blake album a lot and was pleased to see this video from his studio:

I recreated his rack from what I could see in the video. A few modules are too blurry for me to make out what they are, but I think I got most of them right! Posting on here if anyone else is curious.

ModularGrid Rack

using the "search similar racks" function i found a nearly identical rack:
maybe it includes the blurry modules that cant be recognized in the video...

using the "search similar racks" function i found a nearly identical rack:
maybe it includes the blurry modules that cant be recognized in the video...
-- modular01

Nice! That cleared some things up. Thanks!

I just listened to his "Why We Bleep" podcast episode and found it so fascinating. He did talk about using Mutable Instruments Yarns as part of his live setup to basically get signals from his live drummer and his modular systems instantaniously adapts to the change in tempo/swing. I read somewhere, however, it was perhaps mistated and it's actually a Mutable Instruments Peaks module.

I just listened to his "Why We Bleep" podcast episode and found it so fascinating. He did talk about using Mutable Instruments Yarns as part of his live setup to basically get signals from his live drummer and his modular systems instantaniously adapts to the change in tempo/swing. I read somewhere, however, it was perhaps mistated and it's actually a Mutable Instruments Peaks module.
-- mattheo

it's almost definitely yarns... it's a midi input - if the drummer is using a midi enabled kit...

peaks is a versatile module and could be used for this if the drummer was using triggers or contact mics or the like - but the signal may also need amplifying 1st

saying that I can't see either of those modules in the posted rack

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities