Hello!

I'm buying a big case and want to future proof the system so that I can use video synth modules as well.

Does the Doepfer A100 PSU3 have low enough high frequency noise and voltage ripple?

which video synthesis modules are you intending to use?

which case size?

how many psu3?

the psu3 was one of the recommended power supplies for lzx video modules... but note that video modules are usually power hungry... new lzx factory built modules can be run directly from a 12v wall wart - or via a splitter module (or cable) or from a eurorack power supply... so it really depends what you intend to run and what else. is in the case...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks Jim!

I'm interested in vector scanning at the moment and was hoping to get a LZX chromagnon eventually and expand from there.

Was looking at a 196HP 18U Uryan Case, seems I can add PSU3 as neccessary, I like the idea of having a single case for the studio.

If you're primarily going to add new modules then I'd power them from the a wall wart (hopefully a few per wall wart)... there's a module for distribution of this, but it might be better to have a hole in the back of the case...

Chromagnon definitely power from a wall wart - it'll probably be a massive power hog

with the psu3s - I think they're definitely underpowered at 84hp/9u for video (& imo digital modules) - I'd probablyt want 1 every 84hp/6u - but it really depends on if you're going to use predominantly analogue modules and/or use the edicated power supply for video... so maybe a bit less than that... if you're guesstimating power consumption 10mA/hp for each of the +ve & -ve 12v rails is a good rule of thumb for video modules (remember to leave some headroom)

mixing audio and video in a single case is a good idea... utilities especially can be used for both... I made a series of instagram videos #lzxveurorack, a while back, to illustrate various non-video modules working in video...

what are you using for your vector scanning??

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities