Love what my rack can do but not sure if I should keep the Tymp Legio. It is a great kick and the hats I can produce sound good too. The mids and toms sound decent as well but I can't get a snare that sounds good out of it to save my life.

I was able to pick up last month a Sample Drum which is what I originally really wanted but was not going to pay $500 CAD for it but I did get super lucky and find one around my bday for like $325 used in immaculate shape and it does all the inrack drum duties I could want plus cv mixing in sliced samples I create on the fly from my other modules makes for some super creative drums.

For a rack not focused on drums and wanting this system to be completely self contained, would you get rid of the Tymp Legio?

I currently have MI Tides but will be removing that module to make room for the Waver and the Ts-L V2.

For a rack not focused on drums and wanting this system to be completely self contained, would you get rid of the Tymp Legio?

probably...

I currently have MI Tides but will be removing that module to make room for the Waver and the Ts-L V2.
-- ShoutingParrot

why? - tides rocks (both versions)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for the reply.

Tides has been great and I am not selling it. For now, it will just go into my 4ms Pod. It was one of the first 3 modules I got. Now I have plenty of other modulation sources that I didn't then. I have really wanted the Waver mixer for wavefolding for a while now but prioritized some other utilities that were more important first. The Ts-L sounds awesome and for such a small footprint it has a lot of wave outputs for just 6hp.

If I get rid of the Tymp Legio, that space would be going to an Intellijel Mixup or Befaco STMix. I am also contemplating using that extra HP, intead of mixer, upgrading to better filter. I am in no rush to fill space either so that can wait. Parting with Tymp Legio is only because those funds can pretty much get me the Waver or Ts-L I know would get more use.

Tides has been great and I am not selling it. For now, it will just go into my 4ms Pod. It was one of the first 3 modules I got. Now I have plenty of other modulation sources that I didn't then.

don't forget tides is also a great sound source!!

tbh - I've sold very few modules - I just add cases!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities