...Maybe I want the Nautilus delay with MI Veils or equivalent.

...Maybe I want the Nautilus delay with MI Veils or equivalent.
-- k0s0

I'd almost definitely want a quad cascading vca... veils or a clone is a good choice...

and probably a delay and a reverb...

don't think I'd want the nifty bundle pedals though... they don't have good reputations & are hard to resell...

tbh with the spectraphon - I'd want a bigger case... not enough room for support modules in a nifty case...

take a look at my signature - think it over for a while... then think about the modules you want and need to support it and then pick a case to house them, preferably leaving some space to expand (20% or so at least)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Wow, what a thoughtful reply! I was just making notes to self for future idea.

I got this case as I wanted the spectraphon and did not have any room for this giant in my two cases. Once I have a house, I'll allow myself to buy a large eurorack case and have my "studio" somehwere other than the hall. I decided I really wanted the Subcon Model 52 Vampire . Having recently got a Keystep Pro I realized....that's four voices of polyphony, this could be a tiny mini-system! It was never originally intended that way; it was more just a overflow case that sits near the rest of my eurorack and semi-modular. I already have the Orion phaser too as I couldn't resist a small eurorack phaser and my pedal phaser broke :(

So then I need a quick + dirty way of converting gates to something with a little more shape that can also mix down to stereo.

I've added rearranged this how I hopefully can fill this out after next year's tax season. What do you think? I'm really hoping cloaks + veils + the keystep gates can be "close enough" to an envelope for the vampire + spectraphon voices. In any case, I think it will be fun to play with and will mostly just stay at home wired to my other racks which have a bit more utility modules in them (though one can never have enough maths...sheesh!)

...this is also why I don't buy a bigger case right now....if I get it, I'll just dream of all those modules I don't have that I always meant to get!

I'd almost definitely want a quad cascading vca... veils or a clone is a good choice...

and probably a delay and a reverb...

don't think I'd want the nifty bundle pedals though... they don't have good reputations & are hard to resell...

tbh with the spectraphon - I'd want a bigger case... not enough room for support modules in a nifty case...

take a look at my signature - think it over for a while... then think about the modules you want and need to support it and then pick a case to house them, preferably leaving some space to expand (20% or so at least)
-- JimHowell1970

Wow, what a thoughtful reply! I was just making notes to self for future idea.

I got this case as I wanted the spectraphon and did not have any room for this giant in my two cases. Once I have a house, I'll allow myself to buy a large eurorack case and have my "studio" somehwere other than the hall.

-- k0s0

sounds like a plan - sometimes it's hard to tell if people are newbies or not...

good luck wiht the house!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks in any case. You helped me figure out where I wanted to go with this rack!