ModularGrid Rack

I have been building a eurorack for a little over a year now. I am pleased with the result I have so far. I make mostly industrial/electronic music. I have been trying to figure out what I should do with my remaining space. I have about 30 hardpoints left and plenty of power I am sure. I just am stuck on whether I need some utility like an ADSR or filter to round it out, or really having an idea what could round it out in general. I also would like something that has a little more gain, but am not sure if I really want to get a distortion module since I can use my laptop to add it.

Also I couldn't find the exact module that is the LFO. I have a A-145-1 and it is larger than the ones they had on modulargrid so I just moved it over until it fit.

Since you've named this rack "merzbow 101", there isn't really anything specific this rack is missing - this would be a pretty sweet noise box.

However, I would definitely find some way to fit a bunch of envelopes in here if possible. Preferably loopable and flexible ones with a decent range, for example. Go to the module finder and look up the top popular modules under both the "envelope generator" and "quad" categories. Or get a classic Dual Univeral Slope Generator (DUSG) style module like Maths or the Befaco Rampage (or the original designs by Serge still available from Random Source, although that'll get pricey). One of those would allow you to get more percussion and general articulation into this setup without making it too needlessly different (the Wogglebug audio section, for example, makes great percussion material). You could even use it to make your rack work more as a synth as well and experiment with noisy, raw takes on more melodic or rhythmic stuff. Not that you can't get here with creative patching using your current setup, but envelopes will make that a lot more satisfying. Plus it will make it easier to play this with a Keystep or something like that if you wanted to do so (which I recommend whether you want to make pure noise or play melodies or anything in-between).

more modulation would be good - either lfos or envelope generators - even an ADSR if you want to use a keyboard or sequencer...

utilities would also be good , very good - clock dividers, sequential switches, attenuverters, a matrix mixer...

if it was me I'd want a whole extra row to fit these things in!!! and I'd use the 30hp free to add a couple of effects modules... especially for experimenting with delay/reverb before filtering & distortion...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities