Hello,
This is my first post and my first modular adventure :)
Is this a good starting point? I'm kind of lost in all the possibilities.

Thank You, Regards

Definitely. You could do a lot with that. Keep in mind though, the black limited make noise panels are only for the complete black shared system. You can't (yet) buy a black DPO separately.

Thank you for the fast reply!
Ok,didn't know that.
Do you add something to the the rack or you think it's fine for starters?

Thank you once again

Well, it's really best to start with a small amount like that, because once you get the basics down, you'll see exactly what you personally need. It's really different for everyone.

How do you plant to control this? MIDI? Sequencer? Etc.

I would like to use my elektron octatrack as a sequencer and maybe some MIDI/USB Keyboard, which tools do i need?
By the way, what's your thoughts on Doepfer A-100 Basic Systems?

With an octotrack, you'll need a midi to cv converter. There's some cheap single channel options, nice complex ones with their own sequencing like Mutable Instruments Yarns. You could also get an Arturua Beatstep Pro which which convert midi but also sequence modular gear on its own. For less $ that modular midi-cv converters.

Doepfer? They have some good stuff, but the Basic System is mostly good if you want to do very basic, subtractive synthesis patching. And depending on where you live, not exactly the best deal. In Europe, Doepfer is much cheaper, but in the U.S. isn't that 'competitive'. Much of it is super simple and requires many more modules to cover what some more modern designs (like intellijel and make noise) can accomplish. ie, to cover complex osc territory like a dpo, you're going to need 2x a-111, and pair of vcas, a wavefolder, etc. Much more expensive and more HPs. I started with a lot of Doepfer, but sold it once I knew what I wanted.

gonna check whats the best converter for the money, the basic tools is what's scares me the most :) don't know if i'm missing something important.

I live in Portugal and i could get a basic system for 1800€ with Case on Thomann. But i've tried one and feel exactly what you've said,it sounds cool but not so special.I think it's better if i build my one even if it's way more difficult and expensive...

A really nice thing to use is the Beatstep Pro. Worth checking it out as a possible option. It can run 2 sequences and also a drum sequence at once :D

Beatstep Pro seems great :)
Can you recommend some In/out Interface?

I think make noise makes something like that, but to be honest I just use 1/8 to 1/4 cable adapters right into my mixer xD

I think the make noise thing is called the Rosie. Not sure, but it might be along the lines of what you're looking for.

I'd think a bit about the Quadra + Expander + Maths all in the same rack, as Quadra + Expander will duplicate a lot of Maths functionality. They'll match really well together, I think, but unless you're looking to do complex west coast generative patches you don't really need 6 LFOs / EGs to control a DPO. Of course you could get both and sell whichever one if you don't need it though, which is the best way if you can afford it.

I'd think a bit about the Quadra + Expander + Maths all in the same rack, as Quadra + Expander will duplicate a lot of Maths functionality. They'll match really well together, I think, but unless you're looking to do complex west coast generative patches you don't really need 6 LFOs / EGs to control a DPO. Of course you could get both and sell whichever one if you don't need it though, which is the best way if you can afford it.
-- chartrekhan

He would need to clock the a-149, control two channels of optomix, 2 channels of vca and several dpo destinations, let alone modulate the modulation with self patching. Plus, Maths has the ability to slew/process/mix cv as well, so it can often be used for many things other than LFO/envelope generation. Also, given his module choices, it seems west coast complexity IS what he's going for.

Thank You for your input, it's been truly helpful. Yeah, i'm going to some west coast complexity but i'm a little bit afraid of being redundant.
I start to create an alternative rack with more or less the same budget : ModularGrid Rack

Let me know what you think.

Thank you guys once again!!!

Regards

He would need to clock the a-149, control two channels of optomix, 2 channels of vca and several dpo destinations, let alone modulate the modulation with self patching.
-- exper

Actually you're right - I didn't realise the A-149 required external clock.

That said the new suggestion looks great too. If you want to clock the A-149 without using a Maths you could add a dedicated clock module (if there was one that would fit into that 2hp (?) bit on the top right it'd be great, but I don't think that exists.)
Maybe the Ginko Synthese Tap LFO which has a clock out as well as a pretty complex LFO?
The Echophon would mean you can process external input with the modular, which would give more utility for sure.

Either way trust Exper's advice over mine. I only have about 16hp of Eurorack so far and I'm basically a passionate noob in the world of physical modular synthesis. I go by nothing but experience in SunVox and computer synthesis.

Beatstep pro has a clock output :D just sayin. He should get a clock module though if the a-149 needs one though. There are some 4hp ones, I couldn't find any for 2hp

It wouldn't be difficult to make a 2hp clock module, but I'm guessing OP isn't into DIY