Here's my first:

ModularGrid Rack

What is missing that I should put in my second.

I think I need more ADSR's and maybe a PNW. I'd like some audio mangling, maybe Morphagene and Arbhar. Lastly some LFO's, the DivKid ochd looks interesting for controlling the three parameters of my Morpheus.

Oh and the Rossum Panharmonium and ASSIMIL8OR.

Actually, one thing I would suggest is that you use the extra space to get rid of the 2hp modules. They're great in smaller builds, but if you're adding another 2 x 104 here, it's high time you made those functions easier to use by going with modules that are easier to work with. For example, you're considering more ADSR envelope gens...you could remove the 2hp one in favor of something like a couple of Doepfer A-140-2s, and that would up your ADSR count by three while only consuming 14 more hp. Also, the tile row could probably use another Quadratt...or perhaps a couple of Duatts...since there's a shortage of attenuators and polarizers. You could also go with a second Plaits (or a smaller 3rd party version) so you can have some nice, fat detuned sounds rather than just one single oscillator.

I should note, also, that the ochd has all of its LFOs ganged to one rate control. A better solution might be 4ms's QPLFO, which gives four independent LFOs with tap timing...and rates that can range from midrange audio all the way down to over an hour. That sort of slow rate is great for VCFs, lets the timbral results shift imperceptably over time.

Oh, and even though there's an FX Aid in there (good call), you might consider Intellijel's MultiFX tile as well...the chorusing would be useful for "stereoizing" signals, since it can take a mono input but gives you a stereo pair out.

This isn't a bad strategy at all, just be very careful to make sure there's ample space for utility-type modules.

Thanks so much for your quality suggestions. I agree the 2hp's are there to squeeze as much functionality out of the space, but they are indeed harder to work with. And yeah Intellijel's MultiFX is high on my list.

One other general question. I've been thinking FH-2 with expanders as my brain, along with an iPad. But have wondered about modules like Hermon, or Nerdseq?

i'm not going to answer the non-question above, but I will agree with Lugia about the 2hp (and 3hp) modules

I'd also look at Maths - especially the illustrated manual

a matrix mixer would also add an interesting way of mixing together modulation sources

a sequential switch

probably wouldn't add much in the way of extra voices

maybe something to drive the chord2 with - harmonaig possibly or a sinfonion (I have a sinfonion and use it a lot as a quantizer for marbles and to send chord pitch cv to a generalCV - you'll probably want an extra simple sequencer with this at some point - I use a pico seq - for changing song parts)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for the suggestions. I hadn't heard of the sinfonion. It looks amazing.