If you need the voltage offset, this module requires the channel above the channel to be offset to provide the voltage. So in effect it's 8 channels, but only 4 can provide offset. I got it to provide offset to OCHD, so this was a disappointment. This could be better documented.

great functionality but using it (at least for me) is pain, pots are too small and too close to each other and to jack inputs

If you need the voltage offset, this module requires the channel above the channel to be offset to provide the voltage. So in effect it's 8 channels, but only 4 can provide offset. I got it to provide offset to OCHD, so this was a disappointment. This could be better documented.
-- mntbighker

seems perfectly well documented to me - I just did a quick scan of the 1 paragraph of documentation and understood perfectly how it works - I think the issue you have is in comprehension NOT documentation

maybe you will learn next time to ask questions about things you don't understand fully, before buying!

Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!

I bought this module myself last year in november or december. At that time, user documentation was very limited and hard to understand. The module was being discussed on the modwiggler forum though. IIRC build documentation was pretty good.

The current manual dates from february of this year.

this is the modulargrid product page and Pusherman description

"ATN8 is an eight channel signal processor. It can be used as an attenuator, attenuverter, offset generator, mixer and CV source. A bicolor LED accompanies each channel to provide visual feedback of the output level. Each channel is normaled to the next one so it can be used as a mixer as well.

If there's no input on a channel, a selectable 5 or 10V is normaled to the input, these can be selected in two groups of four with the switches on top.

There are switches for each channel to select between unipolar or bipolar modes."

the 4th sentence (separated out for convenience) is the relevant one - but even looking at the controls it's kind of obvious that a single channel cannot do both attenuation and offset - only 1 knob, no switch

Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!

the 4th sentence (separated out for convenience) is the relevant one - but even looking at the controls it's kind of obvious that a single channel cannot do both attenuation and offset - only 1 knob, no switch
-- JimHowell1970

I agree

the only module that can do both attenuation and offset per channel, that I know of, is the happy nerding 3*MIA - but you'd need 3 if you want a channel per ochd output

A better idea: get an adder module. These look like 2-4 hp mults, but what they actually do is to add two signals together. So you could send the signal and an offset voltage into one and get the composite signal you're looking for. Also, another mixer that you might have a look at is Erogenous Tones' LEVIT8, which can either be configured as an eight channel mixer/attenuator or two four-in mixers. To use this in that 8x1 configuration, you'd want to first route one signal each through something like this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/shakmat-modular-sumdif to put offsets on. At that point, you'd have a pair of adders with that Shakmat module, so if you also wanted to use the 2x4 config, that would be similarly doable. And if there's nothing you can use for the offset source, put one of these in: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/2hp-dc and there you go!