As can be read in this thread @Drazen is not accepting responsibility for his forgoing of mentioning problems with customs. He also does not react to messages of me requesting a full refund as I really don't feel like paying the customs office for his "mistake" of not mentioning that the Stuff he marks as EU come from outside the EU. As I said: "Full refund" + letting the package bounce from Austria back to Quatar would be totally fine for me but he wont react. I feel like this might be systematical. On the other hand I am sad that Quatar is not part of a customs union and it must be VERY hard to get modules there. But for everybody it would be soo much fairer to be transparent about the situation. @Drazen, if you read this: there is still time (they keep my package until the 10th) to step up and refund either partially or fully.
Sad - this is kind of my first not so good experience out of about 20 transactions on the marketplace...

-- Stevelate

So sorry to read that another person had the same unpleasant experience with @Drazen as i. -I only wish you had read my warnings about him in the first place so be cautious. In my case he never replied back, instead he left pass 20+ days of silence and then came up with the 8-year-oldish answer you have quoted... (though it was ridiculous, replied it)
The thing is that after my initial complaints here, he really had the choice from now on to inform the buyer via PM during transaction settlements on his intentions to send any module from a place outside customs union, but he take no such action. So it's clearly now that he's definitely doing it on misleading purpose and, yes, systematically...

@modulargrid we have an ongoing situation here.

I feel sorry if this is how you feel. I have never ever tried to hide the location of my modules for sale, if only you would have asked.
If someone just asks for PayPal address and transfers money without making any inquiries apart from "rack rash" then I don't see any problems. I have been honest to all my buyers about the location of my modules and their condition. It is listed as EU as I do live in EU, but as someone who lives from music recording and production I do move a lot and have more than one base. Some modules are shipped from London, some from Berlin and some indeed from Doha, Qatar. If people would have been more inclined to leave feedback then I'm sure the rest of you would know the truth.

Cheerio

-- Drazen

So, @Drazen, what you're actually saying is that any potential buyer from EU has to know in advance that you & your modules for sale are jet set travelers, so he better make sure at first that your current location will be really within EU at that given time before proceeding on a purchase in order to avoid any extra customs fees...
Otherwise would be buyer's fault..!

Ok, seriously now, the module i bought from you was cosmetically as described and working flawless indeed. Fine by that.

But, @Drazen, as you're not living in Mars but periodically also in EU&UK besides Qatar as you have stated, you know quite well that customs means extra fees -and i had informed you in the very beginning of our communication for my location. So, in a realm of common sense, as a good honest seller (who has marked EU his region) it was your obligation to informed me on your intention to send it from a country outside of EU.
But i guess the whole problem caused on my lack of Extra Sensory Perception...

By the way -
I don't know about @SpaceCowboy, but i do know that @cereyanlimusiki is not EU based...
That said, any buyers from USA or wherever outside EU, knowing they buying from a foreign country are already aware on the potensial extra fee of their country customs, so they can judge whether a purchase is in their interest or not.
That was not are case...

Anyway, i consider myself lucky that finally (and after extent debate with the officers) the total custom charges had to pay extra was only 87€ . It could be much worse...

CAVEAT EMPTOR

I have a similar experience with @Drazen and I had the same feelings but on the other hand you can not list an item in Marketplace located Middle East or Central Asia ( Is this a technical limitation ? @modulargrid ). It would be adequate if @Drazen would have indicated in his Description

-- cereyanlimusiki

Yes, it would be enough if @Drazen had completed the relevant field on the "Description of your Offer" panel (where you can indicate where you are based and if the buyer can pick the module from there, despite the limited general region options of the "Price and Location" panel ) just as the majority of other traders here do. But, of course, this crucial informative field is wisely erased from all of @Drazen listings...

Thanks @Drazen for the Sub6 mixer. Arrived quickly, and "like new" as described!
-- SpaceCowboy

Unfortunately this guy @Drazen uses unacceptable selling practices.

The case: On all of his offers on marketplace (and there are many of them) he's marked his region as EU.
Having proceed transaction with him, buying a used Make Noise “Rene” for 360€ (shipping incl.),
i was very unpleasantly surprised when realised that according to DHL shipment tracking information
he provided, the true location dispatch was actually from DOHA / QATAR !!

This means that (under the relevant laws of Greece, where I am based) now have to pay an extra fee of 70€
for customs clearance, plus an additional fee of about 50€-100€ (depending on weight, kind, etc.) for “used
electronics" tax, even if the package marked as "gift".

During this misleading info tactic @Drazen obviously applies in order to find a broader list of potential
buyers, than on his true non EU region area, now i should pay no less than about 480€ for a used item while
on my local store (synthesizer.gr) a brand new "Rene" costs 499€!

This is outrageous!

Even though cannot call this strait as a Fraud (as the extra money won't go in "Drazen’s" pocket), however it is
an extremely faulty practice and definitely a real Fraud in terms of buyers wallet.

EU residents Beware of your transactions with "Drazen Saric" :(

CAVEAT EMPTOR!