Try to do a fresh reformat of your card with SD formatter, check for any metadata in your samples they can cause problems like this hiss or not loading at all, you can remove the metadata and do a clean .wav exporting with audacity

Thread: Thread title

@wishbonebrewery, first of all, you have one of the best job in the world!
I understand what you are trying to say, and appreciate it. I'll always try to act as zen as I can.
Hi @ferranadsr
yeah, writing on a forum is a voluntary action, from both perspectives.
A guy write some random unfair nonsense about a specific brand (Klavis) due to his error, as Sythic let him noted.
Even after a kindly and constructive response from me and other users, not even a "thank you guys, it was an error of mine, now I have better understanding of things, and I can move on making music" from the OP. He instead send PM saying this place is toxic, calling gaslighters, ecc... then he leaves Modular Grid... pretty childish eh?
Sounds also pretty arrogant to me and I'm tired of folks like this who think they know everything.. so I posted the meme (in my opinion a funny one) maybe it will be usefull to someone who will likes to bash manufacturer in the future without thinking for a second.
In the meme I'm not giving a F*"! off to anyone, nor using any disqualification, insults or name-calling, I'm sorry if you see this things. I see more of - to give the right dimension to the problem. Personally I found the meme funny and non offensive, but we all have a different opinion, it's clear that this meme disturbs you/other users and I removed it.
What disturb me, however are people making false statement, I really like Klavis modules and I want them to be in the eurorack game for a long time, not out of business buried by lies spreaded out by arrogant people. Spreading false myths or insinuation apt to cause harm to a brand is pure defamation, OP even says Mutable Instruments was low quality and had bad support...??? Cooome ooon, how can you say things like that? you shoot on your feet, there's a limit to anything. It's a niche market, companies close, there's chip shortage in the world and personally I feel we don't need any false claim like this, especially under the link of a brand's module in a modular synth forum.
cheers and good music to all!

Humdrum:
Yes, I have reached out to Klavis, and i dont need to prove myself to anyone on this forum. This place is obviously toxic. I am simply letting others know about my experience. Take it or leave it, but denying someones experience based on you person perseption is gaslighting. Super not cool. This isnt the only busted module im dealing with at the moment but i wont get imto that cause im sure noone here will belive me anyway. I wont take up any more time on your forum. Here is a video of the issue. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mNvoETjin7nBAN_JE1X5QiPtYTPpy2NL/view?usp=drivesdk

Stop putting words in my mouth.
I'm not deny anything, and I see you like the word gaslighting, cool.
As I said I think that you have been very unlucky, and maybe exaggerating things out of frustration, (you diss Klavis and Mutable Instruments, 2 of the most respected brands in the eurorack format, and for a reason, with unparallel support and quality)
The fact that you had issues with some modules doesn't make the brand horrible and low quality.
If a module is defective or doesn't suit your needs you have warranty and can send it back to the reseller or shop.
I think the best solution is to contact Klavis, and link the video of your issues to them. You said that you already contacted Klavis. What's the response? I Hope you can resolve the issue

It is obvious to me Klavis is just another low quality Eurorack company who cares little about the quality of their products. 

I strongly disagree.
I have some Klavis modules in my system, they are all good and works as it should.
Very solid built, skiff friendly, they have clean good panel and ergonomic, and are priced well.
Caltrans: is my main tool for tonal stuff and to keep different Oscillators in tune, no problem since day 1, it works perfect.
Mixwitch: again, super clever, deep and useful module, never had any problem.
So, I think that you have been very unlucky...
I can understand the frustration when a piece of gear does not work as expected, but ranting on a Forum and bash a well reputable manufacturer won't solve your issues, nor change the perception of other happy customers.
Eric from Klavis is helpful and for sure cares about his products, have you tried to reach him via mail to explain your module's issue?

there's a lot of menu diving here, multi parameters tied to one knob to remember and tiny little screens.. for me once this system is patched it will be a nightmare reading/interacting with those screens. like JimHowell I'm neither a fan of this approach.
Ask yourself if you are more into pre programmed stuff, set and forget or if you want to have a finer, much straight and direct control over your modulation/cv and sounds.
I would add more utilities and stuffs that you could interact with: modulations, matrix mixer, more basic and utilitarian modules.. less headache, more fun and easier learning curve

Hi Mat,
what piece of gear are you trying to connect?
If there are 3,5 socket you can bypass the big din connector and go straight with a simple 3.5 stereo jack
that Boss cable looks pricey and it's not clear if it's a type A or B
every 3,5 stereo minijack will be fine as long as its pins are mapped correctly to the midi A standard:

MIDI 4 (Source) > TRS RING
MIDI 2 (Shield) > TRS SLEEVE
MIDI 5 (Sink) > TRS TIP

you can find all the info you need here:
https://minimidi.world

hope it helps

Hi!
you can find info about jumpers position here:
https://doepfer.de/a100_man/A160_2_jumper.pdf
However the Doepfer site say this: so far the custom mode is not yet implemented and for future firmware versions a custom mode is planned that can be selected by means of two unused jumpers (probably inverted gate output mode or inverted trigger output mode)

@Vbsmusic: check this store, it's in Italy. they've got new LS1 bundle on discount
https://www.newgroove.it/vendita/soundmachines-ls1-lightstrip-x3-bundle/
also single module, discounted price.
https://www.newgroove.it/vendita/soundmachines-ls1-lightstrip/
buy me a coffe ahah :D

Set the varigate switch in the middle position (2/2) now you have channels 1 and 3 for cv and channels 2 and 4 for gate.
Simply program the step that you want with the fader all on the right (100% prob of firing a gate)
You can advance the sequence with a clock or a trigger pattern to advance when you want instead of a constant clock.
Hope it helps

Great video :-) I bought a mixwitch a week ago, and I'm really impressed by this company. Solid module, rich in functions but easy to understand, it's my second Klavis module, I also have a Caltrans, brilliant for tonal stuff, a game changer for me.

thank you gompa108, good to know!

Hallo,
I'm in the market for an IO Instrument Sponde, I would like to hear some user's experience before buying it.
I will mainly use it as attenuators for my Expert Sleeper ES-9 inputs in Standalone mixer mode.
I can buy the ES tiny expander and control the volumes in Ableton from a controller, but I prefer having direct control via fader/attenuator in the rack and avoid midi control over volume.
The Sponde seems a good module for the job, the panel and color scheme are not my cup of tea but as long as it is functional I can live with it, and the price /function ratio is good.
I've noticed that the 8 direct output jacks on the module don't have hexagonal nuts (behringer style) and I'm a bit worried about jacks getting wiggling and worn over time.
How's the build quality? Are the slider solid or wobbly? any noise, bleeding?
Some Sponde users can confirm that it's possible to patch the 8 post-fader individual out and have the slider 5-6 on channel 1 and 2 controlling the volume on the relative main channel? From what I've understood reading the manual the signals from 1 to 4 disappear from the main channel (purple) if a jack is patched in the direct outs. Same for the other channel (green), right?

The Klavis Caltrans will let you transpose/change octave or semitones in steps, but it's much more than that! also an autotuner and calibrator with 4 channels.
I have one, if you are into tonal music it's a total game changer

Ok, got it.
If the CV input of the sampler track 1 V/Octaves you can control your synth samples chromatically, So check for this spec in the features of the sampler you are considering.
The Squarp Rample can do this.

Hi, take a look at the Squarp Rample.
There are no samples duration limits, can play 4 mono or 2 stereo samples, support layers (think round robin or other creative purpose), you've got Fx and parameters under CV control.
If it's important for you to see the sample's waveform on a screen I would also consider an Erica Sample Drum.

"I would also like to store my own synth engines on it and control them via CV/gate"
do you mean importing a single looped cycle waveform?

Hi! Monotrail cover the topic in this video:

check it out! :)
His channel Monorail Tech Talk is full of useful techniques, very informative and straight to the point. He's a very cool guy!