Go Shopping! You'll quickly find that the build is not realistic.
It's a good idea to know what's on the market in planning your build.

Start at the beginning. Ocillators, LFO's, Envelopes, VCA's, Filters, Sequencer/Logic, Ouput.

Burousu

Quite a bit of bang for the buck. I like the idea.
Keeping with the theme I'd consider a Behringer Rhythm Designer RD-8 Analog Drum Machine outside the rack to send through those midi in's for some sequencing power. Have fun.

Burousu

I suggest a few additions to get more "melody".
Add a sequencer, a sampler and a keyboard.

I'm not big on recommending specific modules or solutions. You may get your hands on a sequencer that you find intuitive and simple to use and I find it clumsy and awkward. Do you already have or used something that works? You may like a sampler/sequencer integrated in one product. There are many solutions.

Personally I prefer an onboard eurorack module sequencer, external sampler and keyboard.

These search terms will send you down a rabbit hole of options.

eurorack sequencer
hardware sequencer
sampler sequencer
sampler sequencer hardware
midi keyboard
usb keyboard controller

Burousu

I haven't tried what you're trying to do with an 8nu8r.
The A-119 does have an envelope out and a gate, as well as audio out.

If money is an issue the minimum setup I would recommend is 1/4" input and output modules, the Wasp Filter and an Erica Synths Pico DSP and a few VCA's. Next I'd get an Envelope generator and LFO to see how they effect the sound. You may want distortion or a different filter. I like the Erica Synths Dual drive for distortion. Basically refine the sound you're getting to the amp.
It's likely going to take a bit of experimenting to get through this process.

The Morphagene and Clouds are useless if you don't have sounds you like. I wouldn't get them until you get sounds you like going to your amp.

Also, search Google and YouTube for "Guitar through Eurorack" to see what other people are doing.

Good Luck!

Burousu

I agree with Lugia, ditch the Ears for something like Sputnik's EF/Preamp or consider a Doepfer A-119 Ext., they're easier to come by. Skip the138-d and look at conventional 1/4" outputs like a WMD Pro Output. I'd also add at least a few VCA's, reverb and delay.

Burousu

Hello Sebastian,

I've been contemplating your plan for a few days now and
have a possible path for you that would give you a great starting point
into synth exploration. My feeling is that a few desktop synths would
provide a very affordable, feature packed solution to getting into eurorack.

Here's an example:
Roland SE-02 Analog Synthesizer Module
Arturia DrumBrute Analog Drum Machine (Standard Edition because it has more eurorack compatible outputs)
These two desktop units would basically do more than the rack you've designed for less than a grand.
You'd have Oscillators, LFO's, Filters, Mixers, Sequencers and, importantly, inputs and outputs.
They both would play really well with a eurorack setup. If you play keyboard, throw in a controller keyboard and
you'd be good to go.

Search for "semi modular desktop synth" and you'll find dozens of options like this.

Anyway, it's one way to go.

At the least, study the flow of these desktop units it'll give you ideas for building a eurorack.

Good Luck!

Burousu

Thread: JupiterPlus

Thanks Lugia,

I'm going for an aggressive edge to Blues/Rock.
The terminology "noise/industrial-type stuff" scared me a bit, but I've been listening to some music with that tag and, yeah...A nudge in that direction is what I'm looking for.
If I can't tame the Cosmic noise I'll pull it and go more conventional.

The quadrature VCO/LFO you suggest sounds like a good idea, I'll contemplate it.
Might need another row.

Take care,
Burousu

Burousu

Thread: JupiterPlus

Hello ,
What do you make of this as a stand alone instrument?
The "Cosmic Noise" is basically two Jupiter Storm's.
It's going in Doepfer A-100G6 Rackmountable Eurorack Case with Power Supply.
I want it to work with or without a controller/keyboard, but I have an old Arturia KeyLab 49 that will likely be hooked up most of the time.

ModularGrid Rack

Burousu

Thank Lugia,
Your feedback is very much appreciated. You're a treasure to this forum.
I'm working towards having an initial rack up and running soon.
Your meaningful advice helps me understand what I'm doing a little better.
Thanks,
Burousu

Burousu

Hello,
My eurorack will be for generating beats and rhythms to back a singing guitarist.
Modular synths are new to me but I have technical and musical skills. The bottom row of the "BossTown Eurorack", generated on Modular Grid, is what I'm looking at as a starting point and the top row is more of a wish list. Also I'm likely to use MOOG (DFAM), and am considering MOOG Mother-32. Am I on the right track? I welcome any suggestions.
Thanks,
Burousu
ModularGrid Rack

Burousu