Thanks! Highly appreciated.

https://m.

It really depends on your needs. Ask 10 people and get 10 recommendations.
If you don't need Maths extra functions I'd add that the XAOC Zadar also in a superb module in that regard.

I really can't describe it any better than above. Maybe this makes my point clear:

Can you describe your issue a bit better? What exactly is the issue? I still think that it has to do with batumi not knowing which of your triggers/clocks is the first one to start the bar. You need to find a way to give the LFO the chance to get that first beat. Then it can sync to that speed.

Easy! You check this site and decide if it is for you or not / download the firmware. Then you unplug your Batumi from Europower and plug it via USB to your PC. Start the "XAOC Firmware Update Tool Win". It should automatically find your connected Batumi (Power from USB, not the Eurorack Power) here you can select which FW you want. This one is called "batumi-iw-v1.0.bin". Select it and upload it to your module.

It just adds extra shapes to your assign out jack. Just press the select button on the batumi for 2 seconds. If you press it shorter you have a "Zoom mode" with attenuation, phase etc. But after a 2 seconds press (all LED flashing briefly) you can select four different types of random slew/stepped for each of the four LFOs with the sliders. Short press on the select button again and you are back to normal with the selected mode on your assign out. Pressing select for 4 seconds sets all LFOs back to standard operation (all LED flashing wild). It's really easy but adds so much.

Took me one or two sessions to familiarize it but I will definitely keep this FW.

Hah, no worries! I hope we figure it out. The Batumi is one of my favourite modules.

If you don't already have it I can highly recommend the "INDIVIDUAL WAVEBANK” firmware. Having additional stepped/slewed random is just so good.

I guess if you divide a steady 4/4 beat batumi doesn't know what your first beat of the four is. It should work if you switch Poti to "reset" and flick it to "sync" in the right moment. No? Could that be the issue?

Oh, also Batumi is not analog, it's a fully digital LFO.

Leaving the first month of the year with low blood pressure. 😊

Another Harvestman session from yesterday. :)

Much appreciated, thx! I just keep going, ok? 😊

Some playing with the sample drum, pams, nebulæ, QPAS and Rainmaker.

Bought a Mutable Clouds here because I never owned one. What an amazing module.

Thanks! It's a bunch of foley sounds and samples I collected over the years played by the Squarp Rample (sequenced with ORCA). And I think I gave it a bit saturation with the Djupviks Shakti.

Ah cool, nice find! Thats what i meant above, it uses the python library "svgwrite".
Supercool that someone already coded the connection to touch designer.

Keep us posted with your progress. :)

I used to do some projects with Touch Designer, unfortunately it can't export SVG. For a better understanding of your plotter you should read about the difference of pixel graphics and vector graphics. That should clear some things, espacially what your plotter demands. However you have the possibilty to convert pixel data to vector data through tracing, but I would not recommend that route.

about realtime drawing I believe is hard to do it

Yes, I'd go so far and say it is just not possible with that setup for reasons stated above. :)

Have fun, in any case this is a fun project.

I think this could be very interesting, but I would not know a solution in real time as you have to convert your music (or rather elements of your music) to a SVG file (it can't read jpg or png, your plotter needs a discrete vector format says the manual). So you can't just let the plotter do stuff while you jam with your gear. The plotter needs a closed file in a discrete structure to work. For example a SVG-File needs a header that starts with "svg" and an end of file that is marked with "/svg" . Thats what you can submit to the device .

I own a VCMC by Befaco. With it you could record your modular session and bring elements of your music to MIDI. The VCMC is very versatile in that regard. On your PC I'd say python is the perfect tool for the task as python has libraries that can read MIDI-events and libraries that can create SVG -files (these files are structured like XML files, but specifically for vector graphics).

But with python you could convert whatever information your MIDI file has to whatever element you want in your SVG. A simple task to start would be one note to one strike on paper. Note pitch to y-position and note length to length of this line. But it can really be whatever you want. A quick look at the SVG-documentation shows the huge potiential of shapes you can get.

This sure needs some research and developement but I'd say it could look super rad. But i am afraid you'd need at least basic programming skills for that. And it could take quite some time to get nice results. Thats a really nice plotter you have there. :)

Hey there,
I started to upload my music at irregular intervals on youtube/insta. In case someone wants to listen I'd be happy to get some response and connect with other modular fans. 😊
Mars