I actually recently put together a case with similar intentions. Also a small (in my case travel) rack selected from my larger racks. Around the same size too. This was my solution:

ModularGrid Rack

It's too cramped for my taste. Two filters in a case this size seems unnecessary. I would drop either the Wasp filter or the Belgrad. I'd drop the Utopia and the Flexshaper (too many cramped knobs). I'd drop all the 4hp modules. These modules aren't particularly flexible anyway since they're missing a lot of useful features. Focus on a few larger and more flexible and playable utilities.

With the extra space I'd add Make Noise Maths, Joranalogue Select 2, Happy Nerding 3xMIA, and maybe Joranalogue Compare 2. Since the Joranalogue Select 2 gives you offsets, sample&hold, AND switches, you can also drop the ADDAC215 Dual S&H.

Also, depending on what you want to do with it, I'm not sure you need the uO_c. You've got quantization built into the Usta already. XAOC Batumi would be a much more playable way to bring in more modulation, but honestly you have tons already.

It's because their mix depends on that super secret module combination you don't know about yet, and they don't want to share the secret sauce.

Don't support a company that does shit like this:

"A further 20 anonymous forum users were added as defendants in the $250,000 suit for making “false, defamatory, and libelous” statements, ranging from general complaints about Behringer ‘copying’ other products or using business practices described by one poster as 'underhanded.'"

https://www.factmag.com/2018/06/20/behringer-dave-smith-libel-case/

https://cdm.link/2018/06/behringer-have-sued-dave-smith-instruments-forum-posters-for-defamation/

https://mixmag.net/read/behringer-attempts-to-sue-dave-smith-instruments-and-forum-users-for-250-000-news

If you have to use your corporate lawyers to shut up random forum users about your intellectual property theft... there's a good chance you're doing something wrong.

Is the build for Batumi really open source? I'm inclined to say false.

Support Xaoc.
Support working class electronics.
-- dohma

Batumi is absolutely NOT open source. This is intellectual property theft.

I would like to know why this listing says the Optomix is a mixer.
-- mg356

Technically it is a mixer if you use the "Aux" input.

This is repulsive just blatant theft of Intellijel intellectual property. If I saw this module in an artist's rack I'd never buy another album from that artist. Art means nothing without ethics.

Thread: Bug Report

There's kind oof a bad bug where if you accidentally enter a very large number in the hp box (9999hp or something) and then try to delete it with backspace, modules will start getting deleted from your grid starting in the upper left corner.

How do I turn off darkmode? It's really not working for me. Sorry...
-- Sedalus

Go to your user preferences and select "Light" in the Color Scheme select box.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/edit
-- modulargrid

Awesome. Thanks!

How do I turn off darkmode? It's really not working for me. Sorry...

The most important category you're missing from your list are offsets. I'm not sure how people get by with so few offsets, but I can only conclude that their music must simply lacks the nuance that comes from being able to dial in a specific range of CV voltage...

I wouldn't say clock and clock dividers are utilities, more like LFOs. But comparators and rectifiers are two other important utilities that you're missing there.

My case is almost done, but I have a persistent feeling that I need to add something like a 3xMIA or A*B+C. In other words, more mixing, offsetting, and/or VCA capabilities... I already have a LEVIT8, 333, a bunch of 1u Duatts, 3xVCA, etc. Am I tripping? Should I replace Tree with a 3xMIA? Is there anything else I should be doing differently here?

As you can probably guess, the rack is for noise / drone music with an emphasis on chaotic or stochastic processes and signal processing and less emphasis on sequencing.

Link to upper case (7U 104hp)
Upper case

Link to lower case (7U 104hp)
Lower case