Thanks, I'll take a look at some modules with these features and the others you have recommended.

Thanks everyone for the tips, I'll take a look at these modules. I think with the latest firmware the nerdseq can generate complex envelopes and the two sample tracks can act as oscillators too.
I was also thinking about the various ways to trigger the sampler, I could buy the 16 triggers expander for the nerdseq but I also wanted to hear some opinions about alternatives that require less drum programming (I like programming drums but I 'm curious about using other methods as well).

Thanks, obviously I'm asking for advice considering the space available with a new case not just the remaining hp on this one.

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice to expand my modular. Currently this is my eurorack.
ModularGrid Rack
I'm probably going to buy a second Intellijel 7U 104 HP case soon.
What I know is that I'd like to add a sampler (especially for drums but I would probably use it to sample something else as well).
I'm always been attracted by the assimil8or but I'm still undecided.
I'm probably going to add at least another oscillator, I've seen some demos of the Ensemble Oscillator by 4ms and I really like the kind of sounds it can produce.
However what interests me most is what other kind of modules could be most useful to me?
I know i will probably have to change mixer or add another one, maybe add a filter, ecc. but I'm still not an expert in all the other kind of modules (utilities for example) that could improve my modular.
I'm into dreamy/psychedelic sounds so this is the kind of music I'd like to do with it.
Oh, and the absence of ADSR is intentional, I have one, but I hardly ever used it.
Thanks!

I think I will start to build this modular, it will take some time and surely I will understand better what to add later.
If I can ask one last thing, which modules will be most useful to me with the 0-Coast at the beginning?
Thanks again to everyone for the help, I think by myself I wouldn't have been able to build something useful.

First of all, thank you very much again. You are helping me a lot to understand what I need.
About the envelopes, I was in fact undecided between two Doepfer A-140-2 Dual Micro ADSRs and the Quadra, I had chosen the latter to save HP but in fact I was not convinced since as far as I understand you can only choose between the modes AD, ASR and Cycle. I didn't know the Z4000, it seems good and in fact I will follow your advice, my doubt is, with 3 VCO I should have at least 3 right? Can the Quadra be useful for something else or better add another ADSR and remove that?
I took a look at the Ornaments & Crime and indeed that also convinces me. Using an external sequencer, can Temps_Utile help me anyway? I ask because sometimes I still struggle to understand the possibilities of some modules.
Regarding the 1U reverb and the 1U Line Out, not having many HP I had thought of using an external mixer but in fact I didn't think of it well and I would still prefer to have an internal mixer. I should just figure out which one can be good for me.
I'd like something with panning, I tried to look for the Blue Lantern one but even that seems to be not easy to find in Europe. What about the Verbos Scan & Pan (except the price...)?
The rainmaker attracted me but it can be replaced for the moment, I just have to look for some modules that can help me doing ambient stuff.
Here's the updated one:
ModularGrid Rack

Thanks very much for the explanations Lugia, I thought the same but I wanted to take away my doubts before spending money on something that I wouldn't need.
ModularGrid Rack
I tried to sketch a first idea, the Mutant Brain seems good for controlling the modular with the Pyramid. I left the DPO and added the Loquelic Iteras (of this I'm not sure yet but it looks like an interesting and compact VCO) because it seems the VOID Modular ones aren't available in Europe at the moment. As filters I thought of a dual Low-Pass Gate and the Morgasmotron as suggested by @ Ronin1973. The Quadra for ADSR. About the VCAs I think I need more, but I'm not sure what modules to choose. The same goes for the LFOs, I'm pretty undecided about what to choose. Perhaps some multi-function modules could be good for me, given the little space left? For now I have also left out the sequencers.
I would also like to add a sound panning module.
Am I missing something fundamental? What do you think? Thanks again to everyone.

Thanks @ampism, I had not received the tag notification, obviously I don't mind and I am interested in reading how you will develop your rack.

Thanks everyone! Is the void modular oscillator only available in the U.S. at the moment? The doepfer one seems interesting too. So do you think a complex oscillator could be good for ambient stuff? I read somewhere that for example the DPO is a bit rough and aggressive, but I thought with the right effects I could get dreamy sounds from it too. Are there any VCOs that are more indicated than others for ambient/dreamy sounds? I ask because maybe I'm just fascinated by owning a complex one when instead I should focus on something else.

Thanks so much for your answer, you helped a lot to figure out what i need and confirm some things I had in mind, I'm going to check all the modules you mentioned.
About VCOs, I have some doubts about what to choose, I know Plaits and I also wanted to try something more complex that allows me to do sounds which are difficult to obtain with my regular synths, I think I need at least three to do all the things I'd like to do at the same time. Surely one of the three will be a basic one but to start I'd like something that can give me a lot of possibilities.
The first should be good for the ambient stuff, I wanted to buy a DPO but I'm not sure anymore it's the right choice, I'm also interested in trying a wavetable one in the future. What about the Rubicon by Intellijel, could be good for what I have in mind? Or do you think a digital one is the right choice to start?

Hi,
I've recently bought a 0-Coast and I'm very impressed to the sound possibilities it has compared to my desktop synths, so I decided that maybe it's time for me to explore the world of modular synthesis.
Here's my idea, I'd like to build a synth that could do (in order of importance):
1. Droney/Ambient soundscapes that change over time
2. Some weird sounds/bleeps and stuff like that
3. Maybe another synth line that do more regular stuff.
I'd like it to be portable because if i can get enough confidence with it, I'd like to try to play it live, so I've thought to buy a 7U 104HP Intellijel case as my first (I don't know if all the modules I need for the stuff I've wrote before can fit in it, but I don't think to buy a new module more often than every two months so I think I can expand later).
I'd like to pair it with my octatrack that I'll use for drums and percussions. I also have a squarp pyramid that I've thought I could use for sequencing the modular (I'm also interested in some eurorack sequencers but I think I can explore them later).
What do I need first?
It would be cool if I could use the first modules I'll buy with the 0-Coast, I don't need that it does all the stuff I said before immediately, I think for now I can sample what I do as I am learning to use them.
I'm also fascinated about trying a more West-Coast style approach of synthesis.
I know it's a big request but let me know what do you think about my idea and what path should I take to realize it, thanks so much!