I have had terrific results with Piston Honda Mk3 for dark drones. I like it much more than the wavetable programs in Braids or Plaits. Here is an example of PH3: https://soundcloud.com/user-96050270-927253247

Beautiful, brilliant, go for it! Modules you have here that I use all the time and highly recommend: Pamela's Pro Workout, Disting EX, 3x MIA, Plaits clone, Rings clone, Maths, Clouds clone, O&C--excellent choices, all! I am not familiar with your other modules, but that is not a down-vote for them. I started out with a system smaller than this, and after 2-3 years had a system bigger than this. Any size modular synth is a blast. Enjoy it! I make mostly ambient music and organic noise.

Trim down this rack? I wouldn't. I would like to hear it!

Very good choices! For sequencing in a small format, I love Erica Pico Seq in 3HP, with up to 16 steps. Also a 4 HP version of Turing Machine would be good for sequencing, and your Disting can perform that function. Plaits or Braids are excellent choices for VCO in a skiff, because they produce a huge variety of sounds. For such a skiff, I am very fond of the 8HP versions of these modules. Plaits and Rings are completely different--I use them both all the time. NanoRand v2 is only 4HP and is a terrific source of random voltage. A small texture synth such as an 8HP version of Clouds, or and effects module such as FX-AID or 2hp Verb would be nice.

You have made EXCELLENT choices. My feedback:
Voices: Qu-Bit Surface--I use this all the time, and like it much more than Rings, but I love Rings also. The 2HP Pluck is also incredible, but only does one model (Rings has 3 and Surface has 5)
Sequencing: Qu-Bit Bloom--my favorite sequencer--2 tracks of up to 32 steps each, with variations.
MI Stages--fantastic, love it!
Utilities: Maths*, Disting MK4--yes, and yes. I also highly recommend Ornament & Crime, which does different functions than Disting, especially if you use the Hemispheres Suite alternative firmware.
Mults--I would recommend one or two buffered mults in 2 HP--put in the middle of the two 3U rows. I configure my cases with two 1U buffered mult tiles at the extreme R and L of the 1U row, and than one 2HP buff mult in the middle of the bottom 3U row, so I'm never patching far away from one. Don't waste HP with passive mults.
Effects: Beads--YES, or a 8HP version of Clouds--I love them both.
Mixing: Quadratt--I use Quadratt for attenuation of audio or CV, and use Mixup to mix up to 4 tracks (2 mono, 2 stereo) to the 1/4" stereo outs that are built into the side or back of my cases. Thank you for reminding me that it can serve as a mixer!
In-Out: Intellijel Line In Out
--YES, or use Mixup or something like it.

Well done. Get just one Veils, and then see what you need as you patch. Enjoy!

You've made good choices! I agree with the advice to get a filter. My first was Three Sisters, and it is still the one I use the most, although I also have and recommend the Doepfer A-124 Wasp, Make Noise QPAS, Erica VCF1 and MMF by 2hp. Also, get yourself an LPG--for delicious organic VCF/VCA functions. I love both Optomix and LxD, but there must be many more out there.

Since you are interested in modular synth education, you will benefit greatly from an oscilloscope. You can buy a free-standing oscilloscope that won't suck up HP in your case, but it will clutter your work station. I really like the ZeroScope Oscilloscope which I use all the time, to study audio waves, envelopes, and other CV.

It is brilliant that you have included the Disting Mk-4, which is a Swiss Army Knife (or Leatherman). I use an 8 HP version of Ornament & Crime much more than my three Distings. They provide different functions. Consider getting an O&C with the Hemisphere Suite alternative firmware.

One last addition to your case would be a source of random voltage and S/H. Yes, PNW will put out random CV, but the workflow and responsiveness is not at all the same as with Ultra Random Analog, Richter Wogglebug, or NanoRand v2. I recommend all of those, and URA is my favorite by far.

Then, patch like crazy for six months, and keep notes on what functions you are missing (effects, delay, sequencing). I have the Arturia Keystep, and never use it. Have fun!

p.s. Get a 1U x 6 HP Chaos tile from Nonlinearcircuits. Your 1U module choices are also brilliant.

Good comments above. I second the recommendation for Ornament & Crime--my most flexible and useful module. I love the ZeroScope and can't patch without it. It is critical for designing CV and for debugging patches when they don't work as I had planned.

Eloquencer is terrific for beats and melodies, and is very powerful, but difficult to learn.