hi Tunegirl,

I have been following you for a year or so. I truly enjoy your music and find inspiring.

Lately, I have been trying to understand how you use your system to help me to shape mine.

Seems like you have five voices and five filters. I also designed mine to have enough filter for each voice. I saw you play the drums wirh your RD-9.

I also see you use 2x pice seq. I am curious if you program them or if you use the random feature when you play live.

I also see you have Pulsar and Knight's Gallop. Assuming Pulsar is for fills and rolls, I wonder the role of Knight's Gallop. My intiution says that is for triggering SY0.5 assuming it is used for sub bass.

Finally, I am curious what do you sequence with Metropolis. Based on my previous assumptions, Plaits and Rings are the only two voices left. If one or the other, Metropolis has only one track. I wonder do you then use the same sequence for both?

I hope you wouldn't mind me asking and I can completely understand if you don't want to answer and explain how you patch your system.

In both case I am grateful you shared your system publicly and hoping to catch your live set one day...

best wishes,
sin

Thread: Tetra

NP - have you checked out the maths illustrated manual - even if it doesn't inspire you to buy a maths, it may inspire some patching of the quadrapol/Delta-v combo!

I just had another look -

again - kinks and a matrix mixer (AISynthesis do a reasonably priced, reasonably sized one) will massively expand your modulation capabilities for a reasonable price

I'd probably also want some more audio mixing options - I see a 2hp mix for submixing the drums and a unity for audio and the quadrapol/delta-v for cv, but it doesn't really seem to be enough - maybe a quad cascading vca such as veils or intellijel
-- JimHowell1970

Hello again,

I've never heard about that illustrated manual but I just found a document by Demonam and the format looks very interesting.

TBH, I don't know how Kinks or any other matrix mixer be useful.

I will check both thoroughly over the weekend.

OTAH, for submixing, I almost always used quadraPol but if I follow your suggestions and use quadraPol/Delta-V combo to make function generators, I may need another submixer at some point.

Thanks for the tips, gonna keep you updated.

Best,
Sina

do you want suggestions?

if so modulation (Maths and stages perhaps) and utilities (kinks a matrix mixer) would seem like a good place to start
-- JimHowell1970

Hey, I have quadraPol with Delta-v to cover almost everything what Maths does.
OTOH, Stages look cool! Never considered it and it seems like can cover what I was planning to do with Ladik 4-step sequencer and even more . .
Thanks for the tip!

1) OSCs
- SV-1b main OSC and second OSC
- Mangroove
2) Filter
- Three Sisters
- SV-1b Filter
3) VCA
- quadraPol has 4 VCAs
- Delta V has 2 VCAs
- Doepfer A-147-2 has a VCA