I finally have something to play with; this is my current setup (+ an Arturia Keystep).

Still no LFO and no VCF, I'll get them in a couple of weeks (no rush; meanwhile I'll familiarize with available modules).

Thank you for the feedback :)

alt text

Hi JimHowell1970,
On top of the points you mentioned (and I agree with you) I had also realized that it is cheaper for me (in Italy) to buy the original MI modules.

In general, some modules are not available here or I should import them from U. S. so I will have to switch modules available at least in EU.

I am proud to announce that today I have ordered the rails for my rack!!!

Next purchase: wood and power for the case!

Thank you.

Hi GarfieldModular and Ronin1973,
Thank you for you feedback. I am planning to build the case myself (I have tools and skills to do it) since they are really expensive (overpriced I’d say...).
I considered building a 7U case but I find Intellijel 1U modules offering less functionalities compared to other 3U modules (of course there is the benefit of having a smaller footprint).
Which ones would you recommend?
I was also thinking I may add the 1 U row later on (if I keep the 104hp length then I should only replace the lateral parts of the cases with 2 longer ones and buy the 2 additional rails).

Last question, if I may: which modules should I buy first to start having something useable? Of course Power, I/O, Plaits but then what else? 1 VCF and ADSR at least?

Thread: 6U 104 HP

Hello everyone,
Another try at building my first rack (on MG first).
The idea is to include in first row the fundamental modules that I wold buy first; second row will be for additional modules (e.g., Maths, Marbles, ...).

Please share your thoughts.

ModularGrid Rack

Thank you.
Bye.

New version here:
ModularGrid Rack

6U 104HP case. Right now 1 row only filled with basic components. Does it make any sense?

Thank you.

Hi Lugia,
Thank you for your feedback.

I quickly read it and already found very useful information.
I will now read it again carefully while designing another rack (6U 104 HP) trying to make one row with essential components (including first ones I may purchase) and second row with additional more advanced components.

Thank you again.

Hello everyone,
New to eurorack, just planning my first synth. Please tell me everything wrong with this setup (which definitively would cost me a fortune).
I would keep Maths and Marbles (yes they are expensive but I want them in the rack).
What am I missing? Are there cheaper (and/or better) alternatives to modules I have selected?

alt text

Not sure how to post the preview of the rack... here is the link:
Rack

Thank you!
Ciao.