top stuff sir! thank you very much for all your help. I'll make sure to post the system once it arrives

Agreed, the P6/9 seem bad value, L6 and Thomann case still comes £100 less.

I know what you mean about having everything in one LC9, but we simply can't order the whole rig, we need to split it over two year's budget. In the long run, it means another 84 Hp row to fill in with toys, and please feel free to throw in some ideas! Something built around Elements sound good, been looking at Metropolis too, but it might be redundant if a Shared System arrives later. And yes, the M32 will stay out, I was just trying to get rid of that annoying cat..

Thanks again for your advice, certainly appreciate your kindness to a newbie!

All golden advice, thanks fellows. And kudos on surviving being Stockhausen's student!

The boss likes the system, but we'll have to split it in two phased orders. In the long run this means more modules, as we can fill two LC6s.
Here's what I came up with
ModularGrid Rack

Some of the modules you suggested are tricky to source in the UK (largely thanks to Brexit...), and the budget needs to be spent quite soon. So I went with what's on offer currently. I like the Isolator, but I also read good words on the Befaco output. Unfortunately no Maths or Beads until the autumn, so I added a few bits for s+h.

And yes, you convinced me on portability.
Am I right to thing that the Doepfer P6 is somewhat bad value, considering the LC6 and a made-to-fit flightcase would be cheaper?

Thanks again to both for the advice, incredibly helpful!

holy crap... thanks so much for taking the time to put this together!
The three row logic makes sense, and even as a beginner, I can recognise most modules.
Also good advice on the 2600. We could swap it for the M32, but the lack of a "traditional" sequencer might be an issue. Also the boss has an aversion to anything Behringer, but I could always make a case for buying the Korg FS.
On "losing" the palette, I hear you, but mobility is a requirement. Other than class teaching, we do some community workshops, and would need to take it along. Perhaps splitting it over two palettes would be an idea?
We have ways to limit the risk; the studio's keys need to be booked by individual students, and most hallways are CCTV'd. Dystopian, I know.. yet another joy of academia..

Thanks again for the advice. I'll go put on my best smile before telling the boss we need to double the budget.

Great, Veils seems a little cheaper too. Wasn't going for an all MI, but hey, might as well!

Thanks for the advice, will also look Kinks up too

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean swapping Quad VCA for Veils?

ModularGrid Rack

Hi all, I'm putting together a system for both music-making and teaching. We already have a few synths in the department, and I wanted the modular to be a bit different.

The Mother 32 will stay outside the rack, as to allow individual use, and I went with the 104 HP case for future expansion.

My sticking points are whether I need the quad VCA, or a more simple one would suffice (and save some £££)

I would appreciate any advice you have, and perhaps where to go next to fill the rest of the case, ideally with more modulation and effect processors. I would avoid Make Noise in this system, as we eventually plan to get a Shared System (unless you think any of their modules that's worth doubling up?)

Thanks in advance!