Hello Nick,
Thanks a lot for a very detailed reply. Im actually already eyeing up another case. To be honest i think i wanna get something like a 9u 208hp (which will be HUGE in comparison to what i have now). I have decides to post the first rig as a 2nd review to see if I have made any progress. I agree that it is still very light on utilities, i wanna get a slew limiter, lpg, a ladder filter, more vcas (obv) and more attenuating/verting options even though triplatt being really good is an extremely tiny module that can only do so much.

I picked the addac mixer because it fit my rig hp wise so im not fixed on it. I do have a massive issue with using my vca/attenuverter in a way thats auxillary to its main purpose which just handicaps me atm. Since also having a few stereo modules/outs I have been eyeing up a138s as well.

Sequencer wise I played around with black seq and I liked it. It felt like an elektron style seq that was more intuitive with a very simple layout. Anyways its much better than what i have now which is bloom (a nightmare to tune)

And regarding the layout.. whilst i was putting it together i pressed maximise hp button (or smth among those lines) and all my module just swapped around non sensically. I do generally follow the signal flow of ready/packaged synths.

ModularGrid Rack

So this is the second iteration of my starter rack that I have poster before. Apart from what I ideally want above I already have a mother 32 and a dfam. I produce more ambient/leftfield leaning music. I have focused on utilities ( some of them I already own and absolutely love). I have realised that I need more mixers since i end up using triplatt and tangle quartet as a mixer more than a vca. I am not firmly set on an STO as a second osc (since I like domino by eowave too even though its a little too acidy) so would love to know if there are other options that allow more modulations.

Thank you, Im gonna try that tonight. I have a pico mult so will be fine.

I might invest in maths but Im kinda afraid it would be a waste of money since its kinda hard to understand :/

Mixer wise I quickly learned that i need more asap since i basically use my tangle quartet as a mixer and triplatt as a vca. Still dont have enough though.

As far as voices go I have surface and nebulae but at the moment I can not make them sound 'good' together. I end up using the clock from bloom and its controls are not ideal and I have to mult it to pretty much all my modules as well as dfam and i can not divide the 'channels' so everything sounds very robotic (not as much as harware synths but still).

Sorry it took me a while to reply. I have received my case and have put together the few modules I have. Bloom is pretty fun and intuitive and for the time being I should be alright however I am looking at Mimetic Digitalis as a cv sequencer. I like the 'shred' function since I do not need to input particular notes in and I can just go crazy. However in order to stay within a scale i would require a quantizer... or not?

Regarding utilities in general after playing for a few hrs I see how little I can modulate my osc. I cant even invert them so let alone fold or offset. Have to invest into that right now.

Also not a big fan of surface as it turns out but alas you live and learn :(

I have quite a lot stereo outs in most of my voices and imo a stereo mixer will help me A LOT.

From what I see a good place to start as I said above would be adding kinks, links and triplatt (these modules are somewhat easier for me to source right now) and just go from there. I think once I will receive my case and start putting it all together I will realise if I will be needing anything else.

About mordax data... I have seen it in pretty much every youtube video that talks about modular are there any other oscilloscopes worth checking out? I guess its more of a learning tool rather than a necesity but I can see the benefit in connecting what you can hear and actually seeing it on a screen

Can you guys recommend me a sequencer (euqlidean perhaps) that is not overly complex or menu divey but is different from classic hardware sequencers?

PS i will look into veils since from what I gather 4 vcas isnt enough for a rack this size

Thank you Nick, this really did help a fair bit. I am going to look into your rack in more detail tomorrow but from what I can see I can REALLY benefit from getting an attenuverter/inverter module like triplatt + links and kinks to get me going. The intellijel quad vca also looks somewhat interesting, I might be able to exchange my tangle quartet since I have not even unpacked it yet. Do you think its something I should try to do or my current vca module will do just fine?

Also that wavefolder by joranalogue should help me create much more interesting textures so Im gonna try looking around for something similar to that.

I see that you have scales too. I wonder if I should get it in order to tame some of the oscillators since I would like to have an ability stay in 'western musical scales'. Qubit Bloom can technically do that too but a dedicated quantizer especially with such a simple layout should only help imo.

Mainly I think i need more utilities but there are so many that I honestly do not know where to start. Like I thought I needed a clock for all this stuff but realistically i can use a passive mult and just use external clock sources eg drum machine to sync it all together. I think I need an euclidean sequencer of some sort since i like the possibilities they bring. Links and Kinks would be great but its hard to source anything from mutable here

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1527781.jpg?1619549109

This is basically what i have, easier to look at rather than names of modules on a page. The main issue is Im still waiting for my case which should be coming in the next week or two. So i personally am not sure what I need hence the reason I asked for help. Ive played extensively with my small semimodular setup and i fell in love with all the possibilities they bring but going full modular is a whole different ball game since "i do not know what i need". Its just I still have some money and want to make sure I get things that will help me understand everything a this set up brings to the table.

The thing is I already have the nebulae, echophon, surface, pip slope, desmodus versio, batumi, qpas and tangle quartet. The others modules I have fitted were the ones I think would be useful and/or cool. I do think i need a seqencer like varigate 4+ or maybe something else. I am not sure if I need to get maths or not too. The thing is I live in Russia so its quite hard to get some modules over here. I gotta work with what i can get my hands on

Thank you very much by the way. I really appreciate all this help.

Hey guys Im trying to put together a modular rig aimed at more ambient, dubby sounds. I have a dfam and a mother 32 already but really want to dip my toes into the modular world. Thanks