Thanks Lugia and Sacguy71 I did check out Thomann regarding the doepfer case and I did notice the difference in price I did also find a large custom made wooden case with a tip top power supply for just over a 1000 but tbh I do like the look of the doepfer cases they just seem solid and well made

Thanks sacguy71 for your reply

Sorry I haven't listed the modules I did start a rack on here with the ones I was looking at but I'm new to modular grid as well below is what I've been looking at

Intellijel Rubicon2
Joranalogue filter8
Intellijel quadvca
Xaoc batumi
Make noise maths
Intellijel dual adsr
Hexinverter mutant brain
Disting EX

I was intending on getting a large rack as I've seen many comments elsewhere advising this, even if you are planning on starting with a few module.

I'm mainly experimenting at the moment but I was initially thinking about a analogue sound like moog to start with, and then see what direction it takes me.

I already use VCV as I do plan on getting a good understanding first before I invest in hardware I also have reaktor as I have NI komplete and have been learning sound design with their soft synths.

Thanks again for your reply I appreciate it

Hi

I'm a absolute newbie to euro rack, and I am looking to build a basis to learn but to also potential give a good scope for expansion in the future, I have picked out a few modules to begin with that seem ok but would appreciate any comments from experienced euro rack users or suggestions on where I could take it.

Thanks in advance for your help