I feel like I somehow got into a narrow minded patching routine, not being able to think outside the box, or to take it to a higher level, being stuck with basic techniques I learned in the beginning.. I know there are no real shortcuts in learning any skill, but I also know that there are good and bad ways in learning any skill...
Has anyone felt like this, do you have any good and real advice?
Thanks in advance :)

I process external drum machines through eurorack using two of these to boost the individual outs: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/blue-lantern-modules-booster-array They are cheap and work wonderfully for that purpose.
I also use a lot of other stuff to process the sounds, but the Worng Soundstage is a cool option for stereo mixing.
Have fun and good luck.
-- farkas

Nice! Thank you I will be watching those. Now sold out of course.. Also probably more expensive for Europeans.. But I will check out the technology and try to find something similar that is locally available. =)

Hello, so I am finally starting to get an idea about the rack I wanna build, and I have two questions:
1) Is it worth further processing a dedicated bassdrum module like the Mutant Bassdrum? And do some of you process external drum machines through eurorack? how? :-)
2) What are some of the "meat and potato" kind of utility modules every techno percussive rack should consider having? Im especially interested in simple one or two function modules like the Doepfer A-160 clock divider and A-161 clock sequencer that I already have and love.. I guess some sequential switches? maybe a precsion adder? a low pass gate and an exponential VCA for the drums to smack?
Well, I guess any input and patch tip and module recommendation regarding eurorack live performance oriented techno drums and percussions would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Cheers!

Well, I would first check the incoming data with programs like MIDI Monitor (Mac OS) or MidiOX (Windows). :)

I don’t believe the Doepfer SEM is capable of self oscillation if that is important to you. It’s a very classic sound. Very late-70s/early-80s vibe. Definitely on my shortlist.
-- farkas

Possibly related to this post, I just found out this weekend that the Doepfer Extreme Filter A-106-1 indeed is capable of self oscilation, and to my surprise to an audible and absolutely usable level. Im not sure I remember the patch correctly, but it definitely involved no audio oj the inputs (obviously) and the use of the send/return jacks (I think I just amplified the module's natural send output and routed back without creating an obvious loop.
Im sorry I dont remember and this is my first post in this forum, so if anyone ever finds this useful and/or you want to know the exact patch, let me know..