I have Erica Black Sequencer, and Mutable Marbles. Love them both. I have not yet tried connecting them to create more variation/playability. But in general my question is: if to use BS as a main straightforward sequencer (albeit quite advanced on its own) - what second sequencer would compliment it and what are the creative ways to use 2 sequencers next to each other?

You can flash to Hemispheres if nothing in the stock OS is working for you.

Watched the second video - wow it is truly underestimated module.. it can even do maths, rene etc. Will install Hemispheres today. Thanks!

SynthDad has comprehensive tutorials on the module.

I was looking for extra envelope generators, turns out O&C can also do that.. Great tutorials, thanks!

Thanks Jim,

O&C has a lot more functions than sequencing - I'd explore some of these if I were you...

I thought it was a module that plays more central role in smaller setups, but indeed I see it has a lot more than clocking/sequencing, I will start exploring this once I'm more familiar with the basics.

My first rack that I assembled with advice of wise people on this Forum (although somewhat loosely - some modules were not available).
I like deep electronic music, melodic or atonal, tech-/house/techno (dub-techno) but sometimes chill with long washed out ambient layers in the back, between 110-126 bpm. These are 2 TipTop Mantis cases stacked:
ModularGrid Rack
There are drum machines on the side, so modular is only for synth voices/granular. Also there is Erica Matrix Mixer for buffered mult and matrix heaven.
I am already enjoying this setup a lot, but some modules have not yet been given attention (who has enough time, right?).
I know that advice is to use space more carefully, which some of these modules clearly ignore. Behringer 305 is 24hp, turns out I'm using it as mixer-panner only (had hoped I'd use EQ to create stereo-effect on pads, but it doesn't do anything to my ears), which can be achieved with probably 8hp. E520 Hyperion is huge, but it can do lovely FX and has screen which I personally love as a newbie.
I have not found (yet) any use for Ornament Crime, because sequencing options are there with Black Sequencer and Endorphines Shuttle Control, which is connected to Ableton for live sequencing.
What do you think is overkill considering other modules making it redundant, and what is missing to your taste?

ModularGrid Rack

I got my first rack, in the end went with 2 Mantis cases. Have some free space left for eventual expansion. I followed general advice on voice structure of @Lugia - but got some extras and things to play with. There's plenty of modulation sources, maybe only thing missing is the lfo's, but I can achieve that with Endorphin.es Shuttle Control (with macbook). I also have the Erica Synths Matrix Mixer on the side, which is a 16 x 16 audio/cv mixer, which allows me to copy sound channels or cv channels.
I have already my first patch and it sounds great! Thank you generous people for helping with this, it's going to be a great time!

woa, thanks.
It is really hard to know everything what is available out there.. so someone with much more high overview is really appreciated.

Hm, those 2 Tex modules seem like an overkill indeed - all I need is to mix up to 4 stereo channels, and volume control on each channel seems enough already. I don't need pan/sends at this point - as I can route things myself the way I want before going into the mix.
That Befaco ST Mix looks perfect fit, thanks..

ModularGrid Rack
I've updated everything: I will use 6U Mantis TipTop instead of Rackbrute 3U + 6U.. Aaaand what do you know - I'm out of space already, and I couldn't even fit maths... And I don't have a decent filter yet or analog voice, even the simple one...
Am I missing something crucial? Should I drop maybe some large module for a smaller footprint (I'm looking at that Doepfer matrix cv mixer maybe or Rene 2)?
I've not even started but I can feel already why it's like a drug to a lot of people huehue..
Also that tex mix says it's an expansion, but I couldn't find on their website if this module can be used on it's own as 4 channel stereo mixer or not..

Gotta go with Mantis for next 6U then, I wish I knew it before buying the 3U rackbrute so far.
I'll check that Xaoc FX thanks!
Thanks for advice, I appreciate it.

Ah yes, it’s rackbrute indeed - somehow I couldn’t find it by search term “arturia”, That’s why I used similar size one instead..
lol, didn’t know power was not “for granted”, is Mantis case any better in terms of power supply? Or regardless which one you pick you might need power upgrade?

Thanks for reply Jim!
I was indeed wondering about end of chain mixers available - as it has to be mixed before going in the mixing panel. Maybe some suggestions?
I was indeed looking at maths as it seems an Swiss Army knife.
I’m not sure what you mean with bigger warts? Bigger case or more capable power supply? Those are standard Arturia cases so I suppose they must be able to power whatever you can put in the case?

Arturia Case

Hi all!
I am filling my first case: I'm not new to the synth world but new to modular. I have 2 Arturia cases: one with two rows and one row (that's why there's 2 power switches). I already almost filled the 3U case so far: MI Marbles, MI Rings, MI Beads, Make Noise Morphagene. I need this system purely for synth voices (mono as well as poly voices) + fx, so no drums needed in eurorack as I have Elektron Rytm for that. Which utilities do you think I need to add? Is there enough to modulate everything? Do Ornament Crime and Pamela's Workout not overlap with same functionality?
I also have Elektron A4, which has 4 configurable CV outs: can use that for sequencing and probably going to be master clock for whole system. Maybe some modules that you see are overkill?
Which fx would you suggest? Is Erica Synths Black Hole DSP2 any good as a multipurpose fx? Or better stick with one module per function?
Forgot to mention: music genre is anything electronic, from down-tempo to minimal and everything in between. I'm trying to explore the sonic possibilities beyond traditional synth paradigm.
Have a great day!