First of all, thanks for all of your comments! I need to learn a lot :) It's hard to wrap up all of my additional questions, but I will try.

I'd rather have veils
I would go with Mutable Veils (2020 version)
Get a MI Veils (V2) for a VCA

I bought last in the World Veils, so I'm doomed and my modular sync adventure has started ;)

case is weird size if you are actually building it - 84hp or 104hp rails are easier to buy - and a better size - especially the 104...

Yes, I want to build one. I changed its size to 64 because this helps me think small, I want to build 6u x 84hp case. My idea is to start with ~10 modules.

you do have too many sound sources to start with and too many in the long run in this size case
I'd also take a look at your end of chain (eoc) mixer - not enough channels for what's in the case already... no send/return

I removed Cs-L, so Plaits and BIA as sound sources. I decided for this mixer because it has headphones out... Right now I think that it's better to have separated modules for mixer and for headphones to have more creative possibilities. 4 channel mixer (with some stereo inputs) will be enough for this or I need more? I'm not quite sure about this Stmix from Befaco.

For ambient, look into Zadar.
Xaoc Zadar is great for envelopes.

Yes, this is much better option than double ADSR. Do you think that I should replace Pam's with this module or this is just great addition to Pam's features?

the multi-fx, which I'd replace with an fx aid pro

Fx aid pro has bazillion effects but only 1 channel, more to explore but one sound sorce at the time... Tough decision.

This is my second approach, but I still think that I'm missing things. Some more utils needed. But I want to limit myself to 10 (max 11 modules) and try not to cross 2,5k euro.

ModularGrid Rack

Hi guys!

After almost 2 years of watching YT videos about modular synths, generating some bleep&bloops in VCV Rack I decided to build my own rack... As you know starting with modular is quite complex, so I'm asking you for help.

I'm not a professional music maker, just a hobbyist. I want to start "small" and then dive in. I really like ambient sounds with noisy electronic drums/effects like here or here.

ModularGrid Rack

My ideas how to use this:

• Clocking, sequencing, random melodies
    • Pam's - this is very versatile module, it's probably a little too menu diving but having 8 programmable outputs looks great.
    • Marbles - build in bernoulli gate and random sequencer is great for generative patches.
  • Sound sources
    • Plaits - almost all newbie racks propositions have it and its sound possibilities are huge.
    • Basimilus Iteritas Alter - this module is crazy, I love this heavy, deep, noisy drums.
    • Cs-L - this is like lessons from oscillation theory I want to take: FM modulation, wave folding, cross-modulation...
  • Sound modifiers
    • Wasp filter - it sounds just great
    • Dual FX - for wider sounds
  • Utils
    • Pam's - so many nice things in one module: quantizer, S&H, LFO, envelope generator
    • ADSR
    • Quad VCA
    • Mixer & headphones out

Questions/problems:

• I'm thinking about Intellijel Quad VCA instead A-135-2 Quad VCA but deopfer is a cheaper. Is module from Intellijel better than A-135-2?
  • Too many sound sources? Should I throw away great Cs-L (too big and to complex for newbie?) and get simpler oscillator (Befaco's Even VCO?) + effect (Dual Drive from Erica Synths)? Or just remove this complex oscillator?
  • Am I missing some important utils/sound modifiers?
  • No noise source... Should I add something?
  • Sadly Mutable Instruments is closed, its better to look for secondhand offers (this modules are beautiful) or for clones?
  • How many cables should I buy? ;)

Thank you for all advice!

EDIT: preview of rack looks like "old one", probably some cache.