I'm mostly interested in sound design and having controllable unpredictability. To clarify more on the latter point, I like being able to control sequences and get out what I put in, but I find myself wanting ways to change up patterns and scales, I want to be able to set certain parameters, but still have my modular be able to give me things I don't expect. I suppose something like the Trigger Riot might be more up my alley for that, but I'm just super hesitant at this point.
-- SlunkLord

A module I just got that I am in love with right now is Joranalogue Route 4 which does, in a very simple way, exactly what you want to do here. I have been using it to change up both patterns and scales with the simple flicks of the latching switches. It has the 1V precision add to each of the outputs on the top portion which when you use along with a quantized input (or even combine up to 4) you can make changes super quickly to your original pattern.

Here is a video from Bries actually using it this way. I don't have a Step 8 but I do have a Muxlicer. You don't need either of these modules to make the Route 4 shine either as I've been messing with quite a few different modules with gate, log, eoc, eor, outs.

Thanks for the reply.

Tides has been great and I am not selling it. For now, it will just go into my 4ms Pod. It was one of the first 3 modules I got. Now I have plenty of other modulation sources that I didn't then. I have really wanted the Waver mixer for wavefolding for a while now but prioritized some other utilities that were more important first. The Ts-L sounds awesome and for such a small footprint it has a lot of wave outputs for just 6hp.

If I get rid of the Tymp Legio, that space would be going to an Intellijel Mixup or Befaco STMix. I am also contemplating using that extra HP, intead of mixer, upgrading to better filter. I am in no rush to fill space either so that can wait. Parting with Tymp Legio is only because those funds can pretty much get me the Waver or Ts-L I know would get more use.

Love what my rack can do but not sure if I should keep the Tymp Legio. It is a great kick and the hats I can produce sound good too. The mids and toms sound decent as well but I can't get a snare that sounds good out of it to save my life.

I was able to pick up last month a Sample Drum which is what I originally really wanted but was not going to pay $500 CAD for it but I did get super lucky and find one around my bday for like $325 used in immaculate shape and it does all the inrack drum duties I could want plus cv mixing in sliced samples I create on the fly from my other modules makes for some super creative drums.

For a rack not focused on drums and wanting this system to be completely self contained, would you get rid of the Tymp Legio?

I currently have MI Tides but will be removing that module to make room for the Waver and the Ts-L V2.