Thank you for replying! I see what you mean about the SWN being more of a replacement due to overlap with the Grone2. Good call! I went and searched vids on the 4ms and found this

After the 5:17 mark... now that is what I'm after, sounds similar to this! Stuff you would hear on a horror or scifi soundtrack, without sounding cheezy. I also love the fact that the 4ms is like half the price, so now I can purchase support modules for it. As for that; since I'm new at this whole Eurorack thing (I'm coming from Reason), I'm guessing, a Maths is in order also? Here is my rack idea so far:
ModularGrid Rack
Please... if you have any criticisms, let them fly. I really would like to make informed decisions before going further. For context; this is a dedicated Drone/atmospheric case that will be used together with a Korg Wavestate, MPC one (for percussive elements), and a 1010 Blackbox (for sampled elements), all going into a 1010 Bluebox mixer. I also have an Artuia Keystep 37 to input into the case. Kind of a performance rig for livingroom "gigs". I also would not mind sharing jams on social media from time to time. Thanks in advance for any assistance!
PS: for some reason my rack shows incorrectly on this post, but the linked one is updated.

Hello. I was hoping if someone has any experience with these two modules. I wanted a voice to complement a grone Drone 2, to layer darker creepier sound elements on top. I have an outboard sampler aready so I would not need anything like that. What I was considering was either the 4MS Spherical Wavetable Navigator or the Make Noise Spectraphon. I was really impressed by both but not sure which would fit best for what I'm trying to achieve here. I was also thinking of sequencing one of these two with a Qu-Bit Electronix Bloom for evolving variation. I would also not mind either of the two to handle drone elements either once in a while, since the Grone can produce odd non-drone sonics also. The Spectraphon seems very experimental and able to produce some pretty interesting sounds, but I do like the fact that you can save presets on the SWN though. Any input or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I'm sorry you had to deal with that kind of behvior. We are all just trying to express ourselvs as artists, and how you do it should not matter. It's pretty juvenile and quite embarrassing for the community I'd imagine. Anyway, still not quite sure about the modular step just yet. They say do a ton of reseach before plunging in, so that's the stage I'm at now. I have and always had musical direction so that's coverd. I'm not doing this because it's "cool" and everyone else is doing it. I'd just like to create a performance Dark Drone/Ambient case I could knob tweak along with a couple other pieces of gear, away from the PC. I really don't have an addictive personality and I really don't want this case to go beyond the Tiptop Mantis's capacity. This will only be one component (Drones) of a larger picture. Not a closed, self contained monstrosity I could could barley manage, financially or mentally. What I'll probably end up doing, to start, is just get the two Groan modules I mentioned with a zlob diode chaos for each (maybe), KM mixer,and the reverb and delay. Mixer has a line and phones out so that will save me on an out module for now. Once I learn those few things I'll check out the suggestions offered here, for support and modulation modules. If anyone has any other suggestions... I'm all ears! I hope to become a valid member of the community some day if I venture into Eurorack.

Hey Jim! Thanks for all the info/input. I'm glad I looked more into it with the equipment you suggested before I started building this thing, but unfortunatley, this is surely going to be beyond my paygrade. I'm probably realistically better off sticking with Reason and maybe looking into a decent hardware synth for untethering from the PC. I was under the impression that knob tweaking the Groan instruments would be enough to produce interesting drones and soundscapes with the setup I planned. Thanks for your time anyway! Cheers!

Hello everyone. Newbie alert... at least with the Erorack stuff. For a little context, I have been creating Rhythmic Dark Ambient material for some years with Reason Studios software on a PC/laptop as a hobbiest. I've been wanting to put together a Eurorack system just to have a little tactile performance fun at home, to integrate with other hardware I have, or to just drone-out by itself on the living room floor. Right now I have an MPC One for rhythmical/percussive elements, a Korg Wavestate, a 1010 Blackbox for sample playback and a 1010 Bluebox for mixing it all down. I would love to put together a Erorack case, dedicated to Dark Drone soundscapes to round everything out, preferably around the size of 6u/104HP. After a couple of month’s research, this is what my tentative plan is as far as intial modules go, based on my current budget. Sound generators: Maneco Labs Groan Drone 2 and the Maneco Labs Groan Wave. I loved the demos and the sound produced. Zlob Diod Chaos(x2) for modulating the Groans. Feedback Modules Mix KM for mixing the 2 Groans and any other future sound generators (possibly an E352 Cloud Terrarium) together. Maneco Labs Otterley Dual Reverb and an Erica Synths Black Stereo Delay2 as send/return effects on the Mix KM. Cosmotronic Messor Stereo Compressor to glue the mix together after the Mix KM and the Befaco Output v3 if I need balanced outs for any reason. All packed in a TipTop Audio Mantis 6u 104HP case. Does this sound like a feasible plan, or am I off base as far as the Erorack system goes? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!