I am a software developer by day ;). The code is not the hard part ill get there. Where I struggle is the hardware side... I have an idea for a synth based on the the daisy. But lots of hardware learning before i can make that.

I do stuff and things and whatnot...

I did pick up a patch. init() from electrosmith. i am having to learn c++ but... it's kind of cool if you are into software stuff. i will likely play with it more in the fall/winter time.

I am interested in what you find out. I am on the west side of the state.

I have not had much time to jam lately... lots going on. This morning was nice and slow. Not really a go outside kind of day so... I decided to play around a bit and this is what i came up with.

Been super busy lateley and very little synth love but... I squeeked in a short jam. I have been working to learn my Keystep Pro now that its back from getting repaired. Also playing around with a little video synthisis. I don't have time to get into hardware on it right yet so I played with a software synth for this.

I am learning that its not always easy to make something sound good on several different audio setups :-). I have a sub and decent monitors set up when I am jaming but then I get it onto my laptop or phone and not so amazing :-( But hey... This is a journey for me and not a destination...

Haha... Where do the cables go? :-)

I just had the binoculars out looking for the birds ;-) Nice.
-- wishbonebrewery

I miss the birds this time of year. My house backs up to a small lake and we live in a wooded area. Birds and all kinds of wild life during the spring, summer, and fall. I was quite excited when i made the bird sound :)

Finally got around to mixing this today... Ran out of time on new years and going back to work after sever weeks out needed some decompression time... On top of that I have been reading code and code examples for my new Patch.init() module :-D.

This started out as me experimiting with different drum/kick/base and filtering them and pushing through FX. I accidently found a nice bird like trill and ran with it.

with 4 note polyphony, Pluck is also a useful source of chords: with Decay high and the output into a closed vca run 3 or 4 fast notes into it (trig/v-oct) and then open the vca with a short a/r envelope either alongside the last trigger (to keep a bit of the pluck sound) or shortly after (for a more classic synth stab) or maybe even a bit of both. 2hp Brst is a good partner module for this.
-- daveHFS

Amazing! I never really thought about that... But now you have me thinking. I just picked up a Mimetic Digitalis and I bet I could do something interesting along those lines. I now have an idea for today's jam session.

To be honest I have not paired with a VCA yet :). I just love the constant ring and morphing you get from the module.

Yeah small knobs big hands is an issue. I usually modulate the damp and decay so not much to do :)

I messed with the ring implementation on my disting ex a bit. it's interesting and ill have to go back and try again.

I've got a Rings as well which is better as a main voice but its nice to have the 2hp Pluck & Bell too.
-- wishbonebrewery

I picked up a disting ex and it has a rings implementation. There are so many things on that thing it's difficult to use :). but... Ill check that out.

Good stuff.
You could always get the 2hp Bell.
I do find both my Pluck and Bell rather hard to tune with the small knobs.
One thing you can do with the Bell is to throw its some modulation to the Model input and make a nice Ambient background texture into a delay and reverb.
-- wishbonebrewery

Thanks. Yeah so far I like the 2hp stuff but wish it came in a not 2hp! I have a hard time getting into there once I have a few cv plugged in. I need to go rearrange my rack so there is more space. BUT then I am limited by how deep they are.

I like using the different timing for the trigger and now change. if you set it right you can get a nice glis going on.

I will take a look at the bell. I was just thinking I need a nice bell this morning.

I am really a fan of the 2hp Pluck. I spent a few hours messing around with it yesterday before I added added anything else to this arrangement. it's surprising to me that something in such a small form factor can be so diverse.

What else do you think pairs well with the Pluck? What else have you used today would feel is shoes?

so... I got started with a nifty case. Then I ran out of all but 6hp of space. My original plan was to gut the parts for the case and build a nice wood enclosure but then I did the power math and what I i wanted tp put in the new case was going to push me over so... I just picked up another nifty case.
I saw the big ears for dual cases but hated how it sat flat so... I decided to put my cnc router to use! This is just the prototype made out of MDF to check for height and clearance. i want to make sure I got hole alignment and angles right before I glued up some walnut boards to make the final case.

O really like it :). I need to perhaps make a few modifications. I'm thinking about perhaps throwing in a bit more space between cases for 1U but not sure yet. I also want to put some cool carving for the sides but I am excited for the final version!

yeah. I like a little chaos from time to time. But it's easy to go overboard... thanks!

Love this! Just my kind of chaos. Reminds me of someone going to town on a Chapman Stick. Cheers!
-- TumeniKnobs

Sadly my brand new keystep pro broke this weekend and messed with my plans... But thats okay I took time to get familuar with my modules. And I came up with this. Its a bit chaotic still but but I managed to tame it a bit. Atleast to my liking...

As always. I am open to feedback. We grow and learn with feedback.

I like how complex yet simple it is!.

Check out a Multi-FX module.

Detroit Modular has the ALM MFX. (B-stock & Black Friday sale for discounts). It will fit in the remaining space you have and it suits your techno style. The echo, reverb, ensemble, and phaser effects would really liven up that beehive. I think you'd like it.

-- Toccata

Not a bad idea! It's too bad I can't put in a discount on that b stock but I do have some credit saved up. It would also fill this case until I get off my butt and into the shop and build a case! I also like that it has a few utilities built into it.

I kind of had my eye on the 2hp verb but I think the options on this will be better/more flexible in the long run for not much more money.

I have it in my cart for now. Thanks!

Okay so... My goals are to get a bit more toward the generative music side of things. I have been goofing around with different instruments for most of my life. I picked up a korg minilogue xd a few years back but it just never scratched the itch... I think its mostly because I found it overwelming everything it could do if I am being honest. I still have it and play around with it and plan to work it into my music.

Okay so I start looking into videos and whatnot to see if I can brush up on my music theory to help my son out and I stumble upon the rabbit hole of modular synthasis... We jump in the car and head to detroit modular and I come home with some stuff :-D. Went back the next day and swapped it out and come home with the nifty case, beehive, A-106-5 filter and 4ms EnvVCA and a korg SQ-1. Something to keep it super simple... It was a blast. I accidently made a frog sound and it inspired me and I recorded this Then I run into a rabbit hole and discover the Pachinko. I picked up a few more modules and think oh I need a Tukra for some drums...

And this is what I end up with:

I also have a Keystep Pro on the way for a more complex sequencer. But add it all up and the budget is shot ;-). This winter I am going to build a nice case for a bit more room. Shove in a few 2hp and you dont have much room to twiddle with ;-). I am happy for now and have a lot of room to grow with what I have BUT I want to start researching now to see what else I should be adding to get a good generative setup going. What might I be mising now that would be useful?

EDIT:
I am trying to stay a little more on the DAW less side. I am a software developer and get tired of staring at a computer all day... I also gooff with logic pro a bit...